you people are insane
Mar 15, 2007 at 5:21 PM Post #77 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by yoritomo79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AHAHAHAHAHAH

there's always a justification! what's a few thousand plus a few thousand more when you can get this-

http://buy.sennheiserusa.com/ASP/Sen...es/orpheus.jpg

i mean, it's less than a Geo Metro, for goodness sakes!

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #78 of 183
AppleMadWeed.jpg

Mar 15, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #80 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Milian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who would actually spend hundreds of dollars on just a pair of headphones? I mean, you can buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, or a party.
blink.gif

I love how he started this thread, critized us...and ran. He hasn't posted once since starting the thread.
blink.gif

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #81 of 183
Quote:

Who would actually spend hundreds of dollars on just a pair of headphones? I mean, you can buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, or a party.
blink.gif

First of all who are you to judge on how we should spend our money. Many of us here very responsible in the way we spend our money. We take care of important priorities in our daily lives such as purchasing food, clothes, paying bills etc. before we set aside funds for our audio related gear. Many of us here also have the financial means to spend hundreds of dollars (if not thousands of dollars) on a pair of headphones should we choose to do so. You've been here for just one full day and two posts and already you're making an assumption that many here are somewhat deluded in spending the amount that they do on a headphone.

Perhaps you should just stick to your $3 jwin headphones you had purchased at Ross as mentioned in this thread:

Sony headphones

and leave us be. To qoute an often used qoute here where I live... Ainokea "I Do What I Like".

Mar 15, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #82 of 183
Quote:

blink.gif

Ugh, I hate parties.

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #83 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nah, we (or at least I) just appreciate and want to enjoy music the way it was meant to be heard. I see nothing wrong with that.

Why spend thousands of dollars on a car? I have legs, I can walk. I can also take the bus, train or order a taxi.

Why spend thousands on decorating your home? when you can get by with a lick of cheap paint and a wooden floor.

Why spend thousands on buying presents for a good looking woman? when I have a perfectly useful right hand.

Why eat out at fancy restaurants? when I can make the food at home for cheaper.

Why go to the cinema? when I can pirate all my movies.

Why drink beer, soda or any other drink that costs money? when water is free and better for you than anything else.

... and so on. What you find pointless or a waste of money, others might find enjoyable and vice versa.

agreed..

Mar 15, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #84 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of all who are you to judge on how we should spend our money. Many of us here very responsible in the way we spend our money. We take care of important priorities in our daily lives such as purchasing food, clothes, paying bills etc. before we set aside funds for our audio related gear. Many of us here also have the financial means to spend hundreds of dollars (if not thousands of dollars) on a pair of headphones should we choose to do so. You've been here for just one full day and two posts and already you're making an assumption that many here are somewhat deluded in spending the amount that they do on a headphone.

Perhaps you should just stick to your $3 jwin headphones you had purchased at Ross as mentioned in this thread:

Sony headphones

and leave us be. To qoute an often used qoute here where I live... Ainokea "I Do What I Like".

friggin' classic is the above quote...case closed

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:41 PM Post #87 of 183
i would agree that a headphone hobby is not very popular, but its still a hobby nonetheless. plus, it's not very expensive compared to other hobbies like: cars, photography, traveling, jewelry, etc.

there are a lot weirder hobbies out there too... at least ours serve a good purpose!

also, when people ask why i need any headphones that cost more than $20, i give them the TV reference: what can a 60" plasma tv do that a 20" tv can't? same with headphones, bigger resolution, more clarity, better coverage of frequency (->colors), and aesthetics.

Mar 15, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #89 of 183
Quote:

blink.gif

thousands of dollars for some of us...
Why not buy food, clothes, a bed, a dog, ... and hundreds of dollars on a pair of headphones?
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back