You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #6,211 of 6,356
When your turntable starts messing up and to think you're going to cry.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/648695/turntable-help/0_30

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #6,212 of 6,356
Quote:

You know you're an audiophile when you're more in interested in which headphones those are than the man in lingerie who happens to be wearing them.

Or, you value your eyes. I'm going with number two.

Sennheiser HD 280 pro :3
Edit: awh, yeah, and when you know who that guy is. If you do, you're definitely an audiphile :p

Jan 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #6,214 of 6,356
Quote:
Is it Tyll?

Yep. If it sold even a single headphone, it was worth it.

Of course, for its pure "What?!" value, even if it didn't sell a single headphone it was worth it.

Jan 29, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #6,216 of 6,356
Yep. If it sold even a single headphone, it was worth it.

Of course, for its pure "What?!" value, even if it didn't sell a single headphone it was worth it.

I suspected so, but I really didn't want it to be.

I will never be able to look at him the same way again. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #6,219 of 6,356
You know youre an audiophile when...you have a unique part for each stage in your audio system.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #6,221 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you read you stop listening to music all together because noting seems hi fidelity enough anymore, instead you just listen to sine waves all day.

how does that make you an audiophile since it isn't really music anymore....? 
blink.gif

(unless you are referring to sine waves in oscillating frequencies in a certain pattern)

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #6,222 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you read you stop listening to music all together because noting seems hi fidelity enough anymore, instead you just listen to sine waves all day.

Actually, all sounds are fundamentally composed of sine waves, so theoretically we're all listening to sine waves every time we play our music. (And, unless I'm not understanding correctly, you could start with any other basic waveform and combine a bunch of them in a different way to achieve the same result).

But of course I appreciate your joke. 
smile.gif

YKYAA when you remember stuff like what's above from random sessions on Wikipedia.

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #6,223 of 6,356
When I took down the posters of girls and beer and replaced them with posters of Wilson Audio Alexandra's and well, beer. 

Also, when I was at RMAF and I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that said "Jeff Rowland is my homeboy" and I understood what it meant. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #6,224 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when it takes a long time to listen to just one song.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back