You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #6,106 of 6,356
When you go record shopping with your dad after dinner :D

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #6,107 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
Just had this assembly at school, basically just a dance performance. When they actually played half-decent music through the godawful speakers in the auditorium...
size]

I put in my TF10s and enjoyed not hearing a single bit of the music they were playing.

My old school had decent speakers in the important areas. Mostly JBLs. Cheapo Skytec rubbish in the classrooms though. There was some sweet vintage stuff in the music dept though. Pair of Rogers BBC monitors, etc.

Lucky one!

Jan 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #6,109 of 6,356
Aerosmith-done with mirrors
Another Monty python Album
Styx- Paradise theater
Herb alperts tijuana brass vol 2
All in all, 17 dollars :p

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #6,111 of 6,356
Jan 26, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #6,113 of 6,356
When you try to train your siblings how to respect and buy good sound and your training plan looks like this.

I call it, How to make your siblings buy good headphones! good name right?

Step 1: Get them to hear your gear, also get them to compare with their own and acknowledge that yours are better (win-win for you too because it helps boost your ego) also don't try to reveal too much of the price if the gear is expensive.

Step 2: Convince them to buy a good set of headphones, if they refuse to spend money because they are content with crap Apple earbuds, you can gift them headphones. Don't spend too much because you still want that new amp.

Step 3: Once they have heard the good sound they will eventually be craving for more. If they don't, lend them your gear, maybe for 1-2 weeks (only applies if your gear is better) also lend them some of your high quality FLAC/ALAC/CD's if your music taste is similar.

Step 4: Make your self the go-to person when they ask about sound and technology, because then they will see and feel your gear and get know your enthusiasm for sound, this will hopefully rub off of them. Also introduce them to head-fi.

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit!

Very smart thinking :wink:

Jan 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #6,114 of 6,356
When you've gotten REALLY good at removing Half-Price-Books price stikers for album jackets.

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #6,116 of 6,356
LOL guilty! 

It makes me SO mad they put those damn stickers on perfectly fine sleeves. Every now and then, it leaves a dark rectangle on lighter colored albums

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #6,117 of 6,356
8 pm.  Listening to music while doing some research.  Heard something here and there.  Fiddled with the headphone/player/EQ/checking other songs if effect is the same... etc.  Appreciating the music goodness the phones offer.
8 am.  Overdosed with music goodness.  No work done.  No sleep.
8 am.  Posting on headfi.

Jan 26, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #6,118 of 6,356
Quote:
8 pm.  Listening to music while doing some research.  Heard something here and there.  Fiddled with the headphone/player/EQ/checking other songs if effect is the same... etc.  Appreciating the music goodness the phones offer.
8 am.  Overdosed with music goodness.  No work done.  No sleep.
8 am.  Posting on headfi.

Haha.. sleep and work.. the enemies of music 
darthsmile.gif

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #6,119 of 6,356
I got my hair cut today..... having downloaded Florence and the Machine discography and a the xx album(both mastered very well) and after listening to them with longer hair for the past several weeks I feel stupid for trying to analyze anything with long hair. Getting it cut made such a huge difference, they don't even sound like the same cans.

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:19 AM Post #6,120 of 6,356
Quote:
I got my hair cut today..... having downloaded Florence and the Machine discography and a the xx album(both mastered very well) and after listening to them with longer hair for the past several weeks I feel stupid for trying to analyze anything with long hair. Getting it cut made such a huge difference, they don't even sound like the same cans.

Jamie Xx is the most amazing producer ever. I love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back