You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #5,446 of 6,356
I just use Tag Scanner.  I don't think anyone could say it looks nice but it works and is easy.  For my phone/tablet I have N7 player which looks and performs awesome, easy options for queue/playlists.

Dec 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #5,447 of 6,356
Quote:
No love for OS X?
I use Audirvana Plus, and iTunes on occasion (for iPhone sync stuff). You know you're an audiophile when you pay for software that just plays music and people think you're crazy since you can just use iTunes/Windows Media Player/VLC/etc.. XD

For Windows I use Foobar and ya I think it's pretty ugly with the default interface. I have no idea how to activate it's secret "WASAPI" output thing-a-ma-bob though.

With Foobar wasapi you have to download and install it separately.
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #5,449 of 6,356
Quote:
Nope. Using open headphones in an aeroplane would simple get you mentally labelled as inconsiderate audiophile in my book. Not cool. They have to sit next to you for the next several hours, it's not like 5mins on the bus.

IEMs.
ksc75smile.gif

that's why i'm careful how loud i turn them on, i make sure my neighbour can't hear me by regularly taking my headphones off to check if i can hear them
wink.gif
 (my iem's are too rubbish quality for me to like them even though they are better than the el cheapos
redface.gif
)

side note: also another winamp user here (and renard fan too)
biggrin.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #5,455 of 6,356
When you listen to the same three songs ripped two different ways, on four different headphones, and three different amps trying to find the perfect combination.

Oh and I forgot the most important part... when you found the perfect combo, you then sat down to listen to the songs again and again...

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #5,457 of 6,356
happy new year to all of the headfi comminuty
biggrin.gif

may you have a very nice sounding year ahead

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #5,458 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
No love for OS X?
I use Audirvana Plus, and iTunes on occasion (for iPhone sync stuff). You know you're an audiophile when you pay for software that just plays music and people think you're crazy since you can just use iTunes/Windows Media Player/VLC/etc.. XD

For Windows I use Foobar and ya I think it's pretty ugly with the default interface. I have no idea how to activate it's secret "WASAPI" output thing-a-ma-bob though.

With Foobar wasapi you have to download and install it separately.
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_out_wasapi

Ah sweet, didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Also happy fiscal cliff deadline New Year's to everyone too!

Jan 1, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #5,459 of 6,356
Happy halloween y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back