You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #3,301 of 6,356
Same, I go to my college once a week and every time I've gone I've worn a different headphone. I've turned quite a few heads so far; I can't wait until I get to wear my Pioneer SE-700s there :beyersmile:

I wish people would bring fun headphones to school >.<

Saw a vmoda (just caught a glimpse of someone wearing it in the lounge at school while walking by)
Saw the M50s
saw the shure srh840

I haven't been bringing my LCD2 since it's been raining quite a bit

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #3,302 of 6,356
Quote:
I wish people would bring fun headphones to school >.<

Saw a vmoda (just caught a glimpse of someone wearing it in the lounge at school while walking by)
Saw the M50s
saw the shure srh840

I haven't been bringing my LCD2 since it's been raining quite a bit

I'd love to wear an HD800 to school just to see how many people just gawk at the huge piece of space-age technology on top of my head. Which would be funny because it's a Computer IT school.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #3,303 of 6,356
I'd love to wear an HD800 to school just to see how many people just gawk at the huge piece of space-age technology on top of my head. Which would be funny because it's a Computer IT school.

Surprisingly I don't get TOO many stares when I wear either in public. Of course it stands out and I get glances as I walk by people.
Then I have to whip out my "portable" amp to change the volume.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #3,306 of 6,356
Quote:
Ahh, how spoiled we have become. Instant gratification. I remember the days when you had one choice for music short of purchasing it, radio.If you wanted to hear the new hot song you would wait for days with the radio on. If you were really good you would put your boombox or table tape recorder next to the radio and record it.  Now, there are unlimited choices and that in turn, has hurt terrestial radio so badly, they have lost revenue and in turn, reduced costs, which reduces talent, which reduces overall quality and the death spiral continues.

I was just thinking the same thing the other day when I whipped out my phone and use Shazam to find out the name of a song. Sometimes it was months before I learned the name of a song that I liked, and then you had to wait to go to the store to get it if you didn't tape it off the radio. With Shazam, it's like that chapter of the book is finally closed. 
smile.gif

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #3,307 of 6,356
Quote:
Surprisingly I don't get TOO many stares when I wear either in public. Of course it stands out and I get glances as I walk by people.
Then I have to whip out my "portable" amp to change the volume.

I'd assume the LCD-2 would draw more attention due to it being far bulkier and its retro look.

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #3,308 of 6,356
Not sure if this makes you an audiophile, but it sure is fun to see the way people look at you when you listen to an open-backed headphone on the bus or walking down the street.

Sep 20, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #3,309 of 6,356
...when people stare at you weird when you tell them that the "thing" attached to your MP3 player is a portable USB DAC/amp (FiiO E7) or Altoids tin amp (CMoy amp).

...when you post a lot of audiophile-related things on Facebook and someone takes your advice and is really happy about the purchase (V-MODA M-80); or when people like how you point out the flaws in music nowadays (the Loudness War).

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #3,311 of 6,356
you know when your last will and testament is to be burried next to your headphones........

and you can be positive when the funeral home doesn't have enough plots to fit em all.......

Sep 20, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #3,312 of 6,356
When you have a line of 20 tabs open because you want to watch a video or  try out a band that you just heard about.  But you are enjoying the current album way to much to pause.

Sep 20, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #3,313 of 6,356
When you meet someone at a party for the first time, they say something that could *possibly* lead to a conversation about audio gear and at least 5 of your friends do a coordinated intervention with tactical precision to stop it from happening...

Sep 20, 2012 at 7:32 AM Post #3,315 of 6,356
hd558 looks huge on my head when i walk around the place, hope it doesnt grab too much attention...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back