You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #3,001 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:
when you go to best buy to get a new cell phone and end up spending over half of your time auditioning the headphones they have on display instead of doing what you went there to do

The local bestbuy only has the Bose Qc15, skullcandy aviators and they used to have a pair of 429 on display but not anymore.

Ours has these, some Phillips, a few other brands, and an enormous pile of Beats. When I called Friday, they said the HD 429 was in stock. When I arrived, they said they had never carried them.

I was forced to order the HD 650 online. It's a rough life but somebody's got to live it.

Sep 2, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #3,002 of 6,356

Re: You know you're an audiophile when...

You go without food to buy another pair of IEM'S. They will be here Tuesday. VSonic gr07. Over- night of course. However, have you seen the reviews? Haven't eaten and not hungry. Training myself because i won't be eating much during the last week of September. But again did you see the reviews, not to mention backorder and at times unavailable? Apparently, the word is out on these $200 IEM's that many compare to $500 IEM's. Real audiophile some from here no doubt.

I'm new to this forum but spend hours in xda tech forums and master'd the search functions long ago but u cannot find here. Has to be here somewhere and is universal at most forum's. Where ya hidding it?

Thanks

Sep 2, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #3,003 of 6,356
I ___phone watch all the time. I know most people wont be having the fresh stuff I got. My Chrome CIEM's get tons of looks and sound amazing. Can't wait to get my other pair of CIEM's that will look stunning as well. 
Quote:
This morning i actually saw a pair of ue pro11 on my way to uptown whittier..they were red and said ue..then i walked away beccause i was wearing klipsch referance s4

You know you're an audiophile when you are proud of yourself for coming up with something original when going throughout your day that you will post in this thread. I tend to get those moments where something kinda obvious hits me. 

Sep 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #3,004 of 6,356
Quote:
Re: You know you're an audiophile when...
You go without food to buy another pair of IEM'S. They will be here Tuesday. VSonic gr07. Over- night of course. However, have you seen the reviews? Haven't eaten and not hungry. Training myself because i won't be eating much during the last week of September. But again did you see the reviews, not to mention backorder and at times unavailable? Apparently, the word is out on these $200 IEM's that many compare to $500 IEM's. Real audiophile some from here no doubt.
I'm new to this forum but spend hours in xda tech forums and master'd the search functions long ago but u cannot find here. Has to be here somewhere and is universal at most forum's. Where ya hidding it?
Thanks

Somewhere after "Haven't eaten and not hungry" I completely lost ya there buddy...
biggrin.gif
  But a big amen to everything before that.

Also, welcome to Head-Fi.  Sorry about your wallet. 
redface.gif

Sep 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #3,005 of 6,356
... When you look forward to checking headfi one last time before bed after a night on the town.

Sep 2, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #3,008 of 6,356
This week has been pretty bad. Bought eartips for my TF10s, a pair of SRH440s, a pair of SRH840s, lots of CDs, and I'm waiting on an a little Fiio that I'm gonna try. Also been considering a pair of M50s

Sep 2, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #3,009 of 6,356
Quote:
This week has been pretty bad. Bought eartips for my TF10s, a pair of SRH440s, a pair of SRH840s, lots of CDs, and I'm waiting on an a little Fiio that I'm gonna try. Also been considering a pair of M50s

This week for me:

1. 6" RCA-to-3.5mm adapter cable.
  2. 1.5' RCA cable.
  3. Matrix M-Stage headphone amp.
  4. Class-A biased OPA627AP op-amp kit, pre-assembled, for the M-Stage.
  5. LM4562 op-amp for the M-Stage.
  1. FIIO E5 headphone amp (because the M-Stage hasn't shipped yet.)
  2. 3' USB-to-USB-mini cable to charge the E5.
  3. Sennheiser HD-650.

It's the best (worst) week for me in two years. At that time, I only bought the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium. And an extension cable.

I didn't mention these (because they aren't very important):

1. Food
  2. Gasoline

Sep 2, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #3,013 of 6,356
When you start describing sound quality using words that have abso-effing-lutely nothing to do with sound whatsoever (e.g. bright, tight, woolly, stabbing, etc.).

Sep 2, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #3,015 of 6,356
When you can hear the drums clip....the awful drum clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back