You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 3, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #3,031 of 6,356
Quote:
Re: You know you're an audiophile when...
You go without food to buy another pair of IEM'S. They will be here Tuesday. VSonic gr07. Over- night of course. However, have you seen the reviews? Haven't eaten and not hungry. Training myself because i won't be eating much during the last week of September. But again did you see the reviews, not to mention backorder and at times unavailable? Apparently, the word is out on these $200 IEM's that many compare to $500 IEM's. Real audiophile some from here no doubt.
I'm new to this forum but spend hours in xda tech forums and master'd the search functions long ago but u cannot find here. Has to be here somewhere and is universal at most forum's. Where ya hidding it?
Thanks

when i was 15 i went months without eatting lunch. and i had $150 saved up and i went and bought Sennheiser HD-555s as my first audiophile headphone. then year or so ago, i charged $30 a month on a credit card for grado sr225-is and fiio e7 and i diddn't work i was living off the $50 a week my dad gave for solely food and gas. The day I got paid and i got a job, I bought cmoy amp , and dt-1350s cause i thought my grado would leak. then i got the 1350s they were way to nice to take to work then I got a good deal westone 4s for $290 and I bought them, and bought ibasso d7 cause I thought I needed an upgrade for an amp. i'm in debt for like $700 on bill me later and $200 debt for credit card.

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #3,032 of 6,356
So what first job lets you wear 1350s while you make your bacon?

Honest to god I've missed so many people shouting at me, and even nearly been hit by a car from wearing closed back, that I sometimes wear just one bud like the old days. It's safer and less like being in your own world.

Sep 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #3,033 of 6,356
Quote:
So what first job lets you wear 1350s while you make your bacon?

Honest to god I've missed so many people shouting at me, and even nearly been hit by a car from wearing closed back, that I sometimes wear just one bud like the old days. It's safer and less like being in your own world.

That's why I prefer my ES10 for office use.. Enough isolation to keep out regular office noises, but not so much that you miss out on people screaming the building is on fire and don't notice the blazing inferno until the keys on your keyboard stick to your fingers from being partially melted... Luckily not a real world example, but it could happen in my case (that's what you get when you have a strong tendency to hyperfocus and a passion for headphones).

And what kind of job? Well, in my case: mobile telecoms core network / R&D engineer. The big boss regularly visits to listen to whatever setup I have with me (he's an audio nut too, he just focusses on speakers and stuff).

I too use the single IEM method from time to time (when I expect people to talk to me and it might be interesting enough not to just ignore them). I usually switch my media source to mono (or joint stereo) for this, as I have quite a lot of music with strong stereo effects, making me miss half of my music).

Sep 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #3,034 of 6,356
Quote:

Lol- Most games as far as I'm aware don't support hyperthreading and that's the main difference between an i5 and i7. You literally won't notice *any* performance boost from an i7 from an i5. Overclocked i5-2500k are pretty much still the best bang for buck when it comes to gaming. (Though i3 and even some of the higher end phenoms should handle most things fine.)

i7s are for CAD/Video/3D rendering etc. Buying an i7 is silly for games, especially when you could have saved money and spent extra on the graphics card. Modern games are more stressful on the GPU rather than the CPU.

You don't use extremely intensive games on an emulator like Dolphin. I use Dolphin to play my copy of Skyward Sword in 1080p. Without the i7 it would be unplayable. 

I do also work with Maya on occasion. I built this computer back when I still thought I was going into game design.

And before you say anything: I do own a Wii.

Sep 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM Post #3,035 of 6,356
i work at a government facilitated facility. and i have to check in a back in and out everytime I go in and work and every time I goto lunch... hell i can't put dt 1350s in a ziplock bag,, i feel like they aren't safe in there. so i bring my westone 4rs because they are in a case and its small enough for them to not check inside the case.... i can't even bring an iPod in xD. so i'm listening to a atrac 3 cd player with $600 iems and a fredfred rechargable cmoy.

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM Post #3,036 of 6,356
Quote:
i work at a government facilitated facility. and i have to check in a back in and out everytime I go in and work and every time I goto lunch... hell i can't put dt 1350s in a ziplock bag,, i feel like they aren't safe in there. so i bring my westone 4rs because they are in a case and its small enough for them to not check inside the case.... i can't even bring an iPod in xD. so i'm listening to a atrac 3 cd player with $600 iems and a fredfred rechargable cmoy.

LOL

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #3,038 of 6,356
Quote:

When I worked at such a place, cell phones, DAP's, headphones, and all other, similar electronic devices were prohibited.

It was a pain, but the pay was really, really good.

I hope I never have to work in a place like that... can't go anywhere without mah 'phones D:

Sep 3, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3,039 of 6,356
Are you guys all spooks or NSA or something?

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #3,042 of 6,356
Quote:
It wouldn't be worth your while anyway: You'd discover I don't even know anything interesting.

Well no, in the sense that I wouldn't be discovering anything as I'm dead.  But even if I did, you wouldn't confirm or deny so it'd be pointless.

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #3,043 of 6,356
When you're excited to receive a headphone you can't even hope to drive to it's full potential...

Sep 3, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #3,044 of 6,356
When you give your grandpa your Koss Portapros with Grado pads because you cant stand him listening to crappy airline headphones.

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back