You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #2,852 of 6,356
Quote:
How many of you had parents who were either audiophiles or bordered on audiophile and caught the bug from them?

^^^ This.  Though the best system I ever heard from a family member, also happened to be a system that I spec'd out.

Quote:

Yes, but it becomes more obvious that some were poorly recorded and/or mastered. Darned headphones!

If my supernatural powers over time and space were still intact, I'd fix that for ya.  Oh well, not much we can do about that I suppose.  Still, some of what they were able to achieve without overdone effects, serious post production and compression is just astounding.  I keep wanting to tell all the younguns that there was a time time before autotune, when people actually could sing on key all by themselves.  It was a glorious age!  But they'll never understand...

Aug 25, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #2,853 of 6,356
that awful moment when you realize that your laptop sounds significantly clearer than your phone that you have been using to listen to music for the last 1 year. oh well.... time to buy a dedicated portable player from my local shop- oh crap the only ones they have are hifiman and cost at least ~$200 DAMMIT THATS MORE THAN MY HEADPHONE 

Aug 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #2,854 of 6,356
Quote:
that awful moment when you realize that your laptop sounds significantly clearer than your phone that you have been using to listen to music for the last 1 year. oh well.... time to buy a dedicated portable player from my local shop- oh crap the only ones they have are hifiman and cost at least ~$200 DAMMIT THATS MORE THAN MY HEADPHONE 

My phone's audio circuitry is far better than my laptops...

Aug 25, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #2,855 of 6,356
...When £250 / $400 [and higher!] headphones sound like crap... - that is telling me this is more OCD than fun hobby...

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #2,856 of 6,356
Thankfully I have most of my music on CD's, so this was a simple re-rip away. Unfortunately now I have missed a bunch of songs and plan to use a nice portion of a paycheck one month and go on a shopping spree on CD's I wanna own. Maybe even a few vinyls too.
Quote:
this, i lost about half my music collection because of this :frowning2:

Having it on Vinyl should count as extra points then. Gotta love me some Dark Side on every set up. Sounded awesome on my latest gear upgrade. 
Quote:
Dark side of the moon is a son of satan or something. Every single time you put that cd in, you end up listening it 2-3 times in a row....

Aug 26, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #2,857 of 6,356
Aug 26, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #2,860 of 6,356
...when you bribe an eBay seller to hold a headphone for you when you really can't afford it...

Aug 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #2,864 of 6,356
Quote:
I rmb i checked the Fedex tracking system almost every hour to make sure its on its way :)

...when you check the Fedex tracking system almost every hour during to make your headphone CASE is on its way. Then, freak out when you find out your latest headphone purchase isn't thoroughly tracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back