You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 22, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #2,806 of 6,356
Quote:
When the only thing you can think of while taking an exam is "I wish I could use my headphones now..."

My professor nearly kicked me out of the room when he saw me wearing mine during the exams..
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 22, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #2,808 of 6,356
Quote:
 What's an Apple Certification exam?.. 
confused.gif

I work at a computer repair center at the college I go to. Basically, it's a two part exam you go to a testing facility to take, that tests your knowledge of Hardware and Software for Apple products. I now can set up a business and do official warranty work for Apple products if I wanted. 

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #2,810 of 6,356
... When you listen to a pair of piezoelectric headphones out of an iPhone while shopping at Wal-Mart

I just did this today. lol.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #2,811 of 6,356
Piezoelectric huh? I know of them, just not any specific headphones and it's one of the few driver types I havent heard. How's it perform driven out of the iPhone?
Quote:
... When you listen to a pair of piezoelectric headphones out of an iPhone while shopping at Wal-Mart

I just did this today. lol.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #2,813 of 6,356
Sentenced fixed.....

Then start an argument on Beats being compared to headphones. (True story)
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when... you walk down into your friends basement and see a Beats Studio box on the table and you make this face.
mad.gif
  Then start an argument on Beats being compared to other headphones. (True story)

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2,814 of 6,356
Quote:
Piezoelectric huh? I know of them, just not any specific headphones and it's one of the few driver types I havent heard. How's it perform driven out of the iPhone?

Namely, the Pioneer SE-500s are what I listened to. Piezoelectric has no magnets, and is planar.

And, as far as driving... they're 20,000 ohms and 100 dB/mW sensitivity. Pioneer recommended driving them directly from your speaker taps and even designed their own converter box for doing so.

Surprisingly, they were listenable.

Aug 22, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #2,815 of 6,356
Quote:
Namely, the Pioneer SE-500s are what I listened to. Piezoelectric has no magnets, and is planar.

And, as far as driving... they're 20,000 ohms and 100 dB/mW sensitivity. Pioneer recommended driving them directly from your speaker taps and even designed their own converter box for doing so.

Surprisingly, they were listenable.

20k ohms, i...err....what?

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #2,817 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when... you walk down into your friends basement and see a Beats Studio box on the table and you make this face.
mad.gif
  Then start an argument on Beats being compared to other headphones. (True story)

speaking of which, i was caught by my friend for having a beats pro box in my room when he visited meXD

friend: *grabs box from shelf* WHAT IS THIS????/?/?//?/?///////??????
me: w-w-wait i can explain-!

Aug 23, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #2,818 of 6,356
Quote:
20k ohms, i...err....what?

Interestingly, the SE-500s don't gain much when amped except for volume. They sound mostly the same out of my iPhone compared to my receiver.

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2,819 of 6,356
You know your an audiophile when you left your IEM's out of their case for the night and you say "Are you alright baby? you ok? Its all good now. Your in your case now." 

Aug 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #2,820 of 6,356
you might be a Audiophile if: You see a Picture, and you say "Wow thats one heck of a Meet; wait.. thats just one guy"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back