You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM Post #2,702 of 6,356
You cringe when you see/hear comments like this...

"[COLOR=333333]I recommend Bose ,Skullcany ,Beats by Dr.Dre[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]
[/COLOR][COLOR=333333]Bose is a little expensive,but it is the best brand.The sound effect of Beats by dr.dre and Skullcandy are good and the style is so cool.So make a choice according to your need."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]And this...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]"[/COLOR][COLOR=333333].......just get the regular apple ones they work just as well. No need to spend like 50+ bucks on a pair of headphones when you can get them for like two bucks at the apple store -_-"[/COLOR]

I know I have gone off my head-phile-rockers when I bought these three cans in the order of Bose..skull..and beats recently..lol. wanna get in touch with my kid's world...checkg out the hype.
where is my hd600.....:p

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #2,705 of 6,356
Quote:
I know I have gone off my head-phile-rockers when I bought these three cans in the order of Bose..skull..and beats recently..lol. wanna get in touch with my kid's world...checkg out the hype.
where is my hd600.....
tongue.gif

yea, its like people dont like Beats headphones and go to Bose headphones.

they have this thought like reverse-phsychology when Bose comes to mind: "if i get ugly hp's then they'd sound good"
and when people have the thought for Beats it comes to mind like this: "they look so cool, and even lil wayne uses them so they have to be good because he makes good music and jank"

Headphones are headphones, IMO headphones for me arent considered fashion acessories.
but people who impulsely buy headphones on the Bestbuy Headphone shelves wear headphones for the completely opposite reason audiophiles do.
its not about Looks for headphones, Headphones are a audible art(soundstage)
you dont have to sacrifice looks for sound(bose)
and you dont have to sacrifice sound for looks(Beats, skullcandy)

its all about the equal balance that satisfies the listener to their liking.
but seriously, forget the Endorsements, or flashy looks.

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #2,709 of 6,356
You know you are an audiofile when you purposely accidently miss your stop on the circle line just so you can go around again, delaying the time when you have to remove the headphones when you get home to help with chores by 50 minutes! (To be exact, it is 47 minutes...you can tell I have done this before!)

Jul 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #2,711 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when………..You get expensive ear canal reconstruction surgery so your IEM’s will seal better. 

When your first thought is either one of a few things. "Get it remolded", "That means you should buy another custom IEM :)", "Not a bad idea, can't blame ya", and lastly you know what an IEM is and stands for and completely understood this post.

Jul 13, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #2,714 of 6,356
My employer gave me permission to put some old car audio stuff I had laying around in my company car. While playing around with my 'new' audio install, I thought of a 'you know you're a basshead when' and as there are a few basshead audiophiles here on headfi.... :)

You know you're a basshead when... You measure the output of your system on the Richter scale rather than in decibels...

Jul 13, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #2,715 of 6,356
Quote:
My employer gave me permission to put some old car audio stuff I had laying around in my company car. While playing around with my 'new' audio install, I thought of a 'you know you're a basshead when' and as there are a few basshead audiophiles here on headfi.... :)

You know you're a basshead when... You measure the output of your system on the Richter scale rather than in decibels...

Had a few friends back in high school who had car stereos like that. We lived near a fault line so earthquakes are quite common so it was nice to have earthquakes to a beat for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back