You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #2,401 of 6,356
the only time I don't use my amp and high end headphones is when I'm at the gym, I don't want anything covered in sweat. So I use these air canada airplane headphones, which are the worst things ever, worst then ipod headphones. Sounded like a walkie-talkie, so when I put my good headphones on, it's quite the great feeling

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #2,402 of 6,356

Quote:
the only time I don't use my amp and high end headphones is when I'm at the gym, I don't want anything covered in sweat. So I use these air canada airplane headphones, which are the worst things ever, worst then ipod headphones. Sounded like a walkie-talkie, so when I put my good headphones on, it's quite the great feeling

You must be really enjoying the contrast switching back and forth....

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #2,403 of 6,356
You refuse to listen to cheap headphones (or you get headaches from doing so).
Also, you participate specifically for researches that involve listening at your university because they use Grados
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #2,404 of 6,356
When you've moved up the line so much, anything less sounds awful.

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #2,407 of 6,356
... when your stomach churns every time you see someone wearing the stock earphones that came with mp3 player.

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #2,408 of 6,356

Quote:
You refuse to listen to cheap headphones (or you get headaches from doing so).
Also, you participate specifically for researches that involve listening at your university because they use Grados
smily_headphones1.gif

wait... how can anyone get headaches from any headphone if they are fine with Grados?

Apr 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #2,409 of 6,356
When you become offended by all of the pretentious people in your school who sport Beats... And they think they're the best headphone ever just because they spent $300

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:52 PM Post #2,411 of 6,356
When, after you have administered spankings to your children, you make them stand sobbing in certain spots around your easy chair to get the best imaging...

...ok, I don't really do this but after the way my 3 young honey-badgers have tried my patience this evening, I can dream can't I?

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #2,412 of 6,356

Quote:
When, after you have administered spankings to your children, you make them stand sobbing in certain spots around your easy chair to get the best imaging...

...ok, I don't really do this but after the way my 3 young honey-badgers have tried my patience this evening, I can dream can't I?

But can they handle the low, mid, high ranges separately?  How's the crossover?

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #2,413 of 6,356

Quote:
But can they handle the low, mid, high ranges separately?  How's the crossover?

Yes, they work as a three-way system.  I like the mid-wails straight up in the center, low end blubbering close but slightly to the left.  The high pitched squeals seem to work best at 20ft and panned slightly to the right.  

My crossover is pretty good, I can spank left or right handed...

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #2,414 of 6,356

Quote:

This made my day. Now that's what a I call a great parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back