You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #1,982 of 6,356
You go to "bed" 1 or 2 hour before you actually do, so you can turn off all your lights and just listen.

or

Your whole day is ruined when your IEM  breaks.. Even though you have backups at home.

I was so upset when my Re0 went dead on the right side :frowning2:.

Jan 22, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #1,983 of 6,356
...when you consider buying Fiio E17 + E9 combo (300$) and you end up deciding to buy Schiit LYR + Schiit Bifrost (1000$ in Switzerland)

...when you make a presentation in college completely thrashing Beats by dre.

Jan 23, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #1,985 of 6,356

Quote:
-When you lose said FLAC player, and buy the same $270 FLAC player again because your iPhone just doesn't cut it anymore.

-When you won't add a song to said FLAC player because it wasn't released in WAV and therefore cannot be ripped to FLAC.

-When you won't add a FLAC song to your FLAC player because it isn't a level 6 - 8 FLAC.

-When people around you snicker at the size of your FLAC player and you snicker at the quality of their ear buds.

I really could do this all day.

i fixed my phone just because it has a wolfson chip

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #1,986 of 6,356
When you spend an hour learning all the flac/sox command line parameters to convert a 10 min 24 bit flac file to 16 bit 44100 flac so you can use it on your flac-capable mp3 player with optimum quality. The punchline: WhiteNoise.flac

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #1,987 of 6,356
...when you're wearing cans in most of your facebook pictures.

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #1,988 of 6,356

Quote:
When you spend an hour learning all the flac/sox command line parameters to convert a 10 min 24 bit flac file to 16 bit 44100 flac so you can use it on your flac-capable mp3 player with optimum quality. The punchline: WhiteNoise.flac

lol i did this.

Jan 23, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #1,991 of 6,356

Quote:
...when you consider buying Fiio E17 + E9 combo (300$) and you end up deciding to buy Schiit LYR + Schiit Bifrost (1000$ in Switzerland)

...when you make a presentation in college completely thrashing Beats by dre.

ROFL

Link?

Jan 23, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #1,992 of 6,356

Quote:
ROFL

Link?

It's just a power point presentation i did and delivered for my Business Communication subject. The assignment was to sell a product or an idea. I was selling the idea that people shouldnt buy Beats, by using strong arguments as a person with an audiophile background. Well, I'll admit that it was slightly exaggerated, but regarding electrostatic, I would say im quite experienced.

If you guys are interested to see it, i would be happy to share it here, if that is even possible. Im sure everyone will have quite a laugh, since it was done in an absolutely degrading way. I even asked a friend to lend me her Studios (she knew i was dissing them), so people could compare them to my AKG K242 HDs. Believe me, even without amplification, they thrashed the beats.

Jan 23, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,993 of 6,356

Quote:
It's just a power point presentation i did and delivered for my Business Communication subject. The assignment was to sell a product or an idea. I was selling the idea that people shouldnt buy Beats, by using strong arguments as a person with an audiophile background. Well, I'll admit that it was slightly exaggerated, but regarding electrostatic, I would say im quite experienced.

If you guys are interested to see it, i would be happy to share it here, if that is even possible. Im sure everyone will have quite a laugh, since it was done in an absolutely degrading way. I even asked a friend to lend me her Studios (she knew i was dissing them), so people could compare them to my AKG K242 HDs. Believe me, even without amplification, they thrashed the beats.

Gimme gimme gimme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back