You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #1,471 of 6,356

Im just starting to get into the audiophile scene but being a bit of a techie in general, I'm happy to say their is now only one section of Best Buy where I dont know more than anyone working their. This section being the appliance department. I love walking through Best Buy and having a laugh acting like I'm looking for something and getting asked.

EDIT: To be consistent with the rest of the thread.

You know you're an audiophile when you go up to friends using iBudz and put your headphones on top of theirs and they eargasm
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when...

...you walk into the headphone department at Best Buy, a blue shirt asks "Can I help you?" and you can't help breaking out in hysterical laughter...

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #1,472 of 6,356
When it's 2:30AM, you have a class at 8:00 that morning, and you can't help but put on just one more record...

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #1,473 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when... you start avoiding unnecessary external noises throughout the day, saving yourself for your own session to come later. Only to turn it up! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #1,474 of 6,356

Quote:
When it's 2:30AM, you have a class at 8:00 that morning, and you can't help but put on just one more record...

or time to read up on one more headphone/thread

Dec 2, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #1,476 of 6,356
-You know you're an audiophile when you order something through the internet and are impatiently waiting for the pick-up slip to show up in your letterbox. So much so you're checking  the letterbox every half an hour and when you open the letterbox there's nothing there but you keep staring at the empty space for 5 minutes just to make sure. Basically the only thing to look forward to in your life is when that pick-up slip shows up.
-You know you're an audiophile when you get a loan to buy a whole heap of stuff and then spend the next 2 years paying back the loan just to do it all over again.
-You know you're an audiophile when you sell vital organs just so you can afford an electrostatic rig.

PS: I've only done the first 2.

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #1,477 of 6,356
I too am from Australia and I can totally relate to waiting for the pick up slip from the Post Office and checking the mail box every 30 minutes. 

Quote:
-You know you're an audiophile when you order something through the internet and are impatiently waiting for the pick-up slip to show up in your letterbox. So much so you're checking  the letterbox every half an hour and when you open the letterbox there's nothing there but you keep staring at the empty space for 5 minutes just to make sure. Basically the only thing to look forward to in your life is when that pick-up slip shows up.
-You know you're an audiophile when you get a loan to buy a whole heap of stuff and then spend the next 2 years paying back the loan just to do it all over again.
-You know you're an audiophile when you sell vital organs just so you can afford an electrostatic rig.

PS: I've only done the first 2.

Dec 2, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #1,479 of 6,356

Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when... you start avoiding unnecessary external noises throughout the day, saving yourself for your own session to come later. Only to turn it up! 
biggrin.gif

when you wear earplugs in the street to save your hearing.

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #1,481 of 6,356

Quote:
Wouldn't that be pretty dangerous? That's why I don't see why people wear headphones/IEMs down the street too, too dangerous to me.

Just use your eyes properly as opposed to just looking into the ground - I mean, deaf people can commute too without dying you know ^^

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:44 AM Post #1,484 of 6,356
I may baby my headphones but that's borderline delusional if you start naming them.
^_^;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back