You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #1,441 of 6,356

Quote:
Quote:

eek.gif

I don't know either of these. The upgrade bug hit me big time in iem's but $90 was all it took to satisfy my hunger with a dual ba universal. The speaker market scares the heck out of me but must be lovely.

Good luck 
tongue_smile.gif

Gets even more problematic, if i tell you I'm a student, with no actual job at the moment...Yea...

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #1,442 of 6,356
when you get mad at your cat for jumping on the table cause she ruining your stereo image.

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #1,443 of 6,356
when you yell at the digital cable box because each music channel plays the same 100 songs day after day .. month after month .. all year long.

when you look for high quality audio prints (24bit 96khz) and only see 80 results.. and some websites show 0 results.

when you realize other people are listening to a lower signal to noise ratio and dont seem to care.

when you walk by a portable radio at the park and realize nobody cared to raise the treble to an appropriate level.

when your father has two jensen 15 inch woofers and you wonder how they sound year after year.

when your neighbor is an audio provider for concerts and you enjoy watching the speakers blow the air in the doorway in and out enough to shut the door.

when that same neighbor comes over for a quick visit to clam down after saying 'one of my amps started to fry and i had to throw it in the tub' and all you can think and feel is 'those things sometimes happen' instead of getting nervous about a fire.

when you are listening to the layers of math in the voice coil as the front dash speaker splashes the audio up on the windshield.

when you install your first car radio at age 14 and it works perfectly for years.

when you were dumb enough to run too many speakers off of a small 'booster' amplifier and it goes up in smoke.

when your alpine radio goes up in smoke from high volume levels and you are happy to get rid of the tin sound.

when you realize the piece that went up in smoke on the alpine radio was about 400 degrees farenheit and you arent worried about the circuit board, but fear something like a wire nearby caught on fire.

when you watch your cousin use a soldering iron to piece together his r/c car kit when you were 10 years old and cant help but think to yourself 'those soldering irons write something of genius and age'

when your cousin gets two twelve inch subwoofers in the back of his trunk and realizing you want some too but would need to wait your turn because you are only 11 years old.

when your cousins subwoofers are loud enough to bounce a penny on the trunk lid, but you dont care about the loudness being too loud.

when your cousin is giving a demonstration of his new subwoofers and instead of wanting more loudness, you wanted more slew.

when your cousin pulls out the tape deck and you realize there is way too much inside of what he is carrying around to be considered not important.

when each time you hear somebody listening to their music loudly, you reserve a small spot for them in your heart.

Nov 25, 2011 at 10:12 PM Post #1,445 of 6,356

Quote:
when you yell at the digital cable box because each music channel plays the same 100 songs day after day .. month after month .. all year long.

when you look for high quality audio prints (24bit 96khz) and only see 80 results.. and some websites show 0 results.

when you realize other people are listening to a lower signal to noise ratio and dont seem to care.

when you walk by a portable radio at the park and realize nobody cared to raise the treble to an appropriate level.

when your father has two jensen 15 inch woofers and you wonder how they sound year after year.

when your neighbor is an audio provider for concerts and you enjoy watching the speakers blow the air in the doorway in and out enough to shut the door.

when that same neighbor comes over for a quick visit to clam down after saying 'one of my amps started to fry and i had to throw it in the tub' and all you can think and feel is 'those things sometimes happen' instead of getting nervous about a fire.

when you are listening to the layers of math in the voice coil as the front dash speaker splashes the audio up on the windshield.

when you install your first car radio at age 14 and it works perfectly for years.

when you were dumb enough to run too many speakers off of a small 'booster' amplifier and it goes up in smoke.

when your alpine radio goes up in smoke from high volume levels and you are happy to get rid of the tin sound.

when you realize the piece that went up in smoke on the alpine radio was about 400 degrees farenheit and you arent worried about the circuit board, but fear something like a wire nearby caught on fire.

when you watch your cousin use a soldering iron to piece together his r/c car kit when you were 10 years old and cant help but think to yourself 'those soldering irons write something of genius and age'

when your cousin gets two twelve inch subwoofers in the back of his trunk and realizing you want some too but would need to wait your turn because you are only 11 years old.

when your cousins subwoofers are loud enough to bounce a penny on the trunk lid, but you dont care about the loudness being too loud.

when your cousin is giving a demonstration of his new subwoofers and instead of wanting more loudness, you wanted more slew.

when your cousin pulls out the tape deck and you realize there is way too much inside of what he is carrying around to be considered not important.

when each time you hear somebody listening to their music loudly, you reserve a small spot for them in your heart.

When you understand anything this guy says.

Nov 25, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #1,447 of 6,356
Quote:
When you use the term IEM in real life, get strange looks and try to say In Ear Monitor as if it would clear anything up.

This. For most people, in ear's are referred to as earbuds. There is no distinction between the two, so using the term "IEM" or "in ear monitor" leaves people quite confused. I usually just call them in ear headphones and hope I can get away with it.

Nov 26, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #1,448 of 6,356
When you have people at your school giving you money to order them Soundmagic PL11 to replace their broken SkullCandies.

When people ask if you've gotten new headphones so they can buy your old ones.

Nov 26, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #1,450 of 6,356

Quote:
Quote:

This. For most people, in ear's are referred to as earbuds. There is no distinction between the two, so using the term "IEM" or "in ear monitor" leaves people quite confused. I usually just call them in ear headphones and hope I can get away with it.

I call them '"earphones" and it isn't usually questioned. Most people probably think I mean earbuds.

Quote:
That actually happened to me 
biggrin.gif

Ha, same here.

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #1,452 of 6,356

Quote:
When people ask if you've gotten new headphones so they can buy your old ones.

For most people it doesn't really work that well with me, when my old headphones usually would cost them above 800$ 
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #1,453 of 6,356

Quote:
When your afraid to wear a beanie because your convinced it will collapse your iem's "soundstage" and veil the sound.

The only IEM i know that could actually happen to is the Beats Audio custom IEM because its an open backed dynamic driver...Oh, and you know you're an audiophile when you know that kind of rubbish xD

Nov 26, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #1,454 of 6,356
I mostly listen to budget and mid-fi equipment, and I discount the hell out of the stuff because I'm polite. It keeps business rolling. If you really want to sell something, you need to undercut the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back