You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #1,021 of 6,356
When you decide that all the food you're going to eat is Ramen since it's only 0.29 cents per packet at the supermarket and decide to save up money for a backup pair of cans.

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:45 AM Post #1,022 of 6,356

Quote:
when you deliberately walk faster to keep up with somebody wearing senns to figure out which model they are.

They were 558's.

I did that.... They were 595s :)

Sep 9, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #1,023 of 6,356
Does upgrading out of the blue from a pair of Razer Megalodons to HD650 with E9/E7 to HD800 with BCL/v-dac II in less than three weeks as an unemployed student count?

Sep 9, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #1,025 of 6,356
when you start to feel physical pain seeing people using generic $3 buds that can barely fit their ears and leak noise as mad.

When you can't stand the fact that your friend uses $5 ear buds and you gave him your old IEM's you don't use anymore that cost 15 times as much.
Despite the fact that he doesn't even really listen to music. (he uses it to play rythm games)

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #1,026 of 6,356
When you go back to have a listen to your more budget-conscious head-fi gear and you start to feel unsatisfied
frown.gif

I'm probably on a slow road to CIEMs.

Sep 9, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #1,027 of 6,356

Quote:
when you start to feel physical pain seeing people using generic $3 buds that can barely fit their ears and leak noise as mad.

I've always hated that. Especially if it's on the train. One of the reasons why I decided to buy my ATH-M50s is so I don't have to listen to the mainstream crud on some people's mp3s. 
smile_phones.gif

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #1,030 of 6,356
I'm not truly an audiophile, but when I told my dad about the $140 around-ear Ultrasones I'm buying tomorrow he suggested I try out his Sony MDR-AS20J (a 2.5 star rated pair of barely ok sounding active-style ear buds). I laughed a little too much.

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:45 PM Post #1,031 of 6,356

Quote:
I'm not truly an audiophile, but when I told my dad about the $140 around-ear Ultrasones I'm buying tomorrow he suggested I try out his Sony MDR-AS20J (a 2.5 star rated pair of barely ok sounding active-style ear buds). I laughed a little too much.

"D-dad..."
You paused to him, feeling your heartbeat pumping like a drum.

"Yes, son?"
He asked in his usual, almost methodical tone. His evening post lowered to his side to view your being.

"Um..." You watched the edges of his face wrinkle as your nervous deposition started to worry him "I'm..."
Your words choked in your throat as you tried to confess. The wrinkles flattened as your father looked you over.

"You couldn't be..."
He motioned as he started to fray on the of astonishment. His eyes opened wide and he watched you in wait for a explanation.

Just get it out already.
You told yourself. The air started to grow stifling as you waited. Your father even further grew closer.

"I'm..." You tried to speak once more, but fought the feeling welling in your stomach. A outburst is all that you could manage:

"I'm an Audiophile!"

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #1,032 of 6,356

Quote:
"D-dad..."
You paused to him, feeling your heartbeat pumping like a drum.

"Yes, son?"
He asked in his usual, almost methodical tone. His evening post lowered to his side to view your being.

"Um..." You watched the edges of his face wrinkle as your nervous deposition started to worry him "I'm..."
Your words choked in your throat as you tried to confess. The wrinkles flattened as your father looked you over.

"You couldn't be..."
He motioned as he started to fray on the of astonishment. His eyes opened wide and he watched you in wait for a explanation.

Just get it out already.
You told yourself. The air started to grow stifling as you waited. Your father even further grew closer.

"I'm..." You tried to speak once more, but fought the feeling welling in your stomach. A outburst is all that you could manage:

"I'm an Audiophile!"

Strangely enough that's exactly how it happened!

Nicely done, I laughed out loud 
k701smile.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #1,033 of 6,356
when you dream about headphones. My dreams last night included the Sony R10, Sennheiser HD 800, and Audez'e LCD-2 rev2 headphones. There were some Sieveking Sound headphone stands in there too. 
o2smile.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #1,034 of 6,356
When you figure out a sequence of motions to use the toilet with your rig still in your pocket and your iems still in your ears. Especially if your cable is too short.

Sep 10, 2011 at 8:59 AM Post #1,035 of 6,356
You sit on the toilet bowl?!

Quote:
When you figure out a sequence of motions to use the toilet with your rig still in your pocket and your iems still in your ears. Especially if your cable is too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back