You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #991 of 6,356
Sep 5, 2011 at 2:36 PM Post #992 of 6,356
Hrumph, yes, you plebs must not speak to us.

Like any self-respecting snob, my youtube favorites are composed of HD videos of piles of money intermingled with HD videos about how silly it would be to use youtube for music.

Quote:
Snobs.

Us plebians are fine with whatever we can scrape together from the vast landscape that is the internet.

Sep 5, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #993 of 6,356

Quote:
Snobs.

Us plebeians are fine with whatever we can scrape together from the vast landscape that is the Internet.

I purchase from HD tracks, you know, to keep my finger on the pulse of all this fancy interweb stuff.

I used to have a massive pile of mp3s pirated, shared, etc from all reaches of the web. Much of it accumulated in the early free for all days of Napster.
Then one day I realized
A: Most of it sounded like crap-
B. I had stolen it.

So I deleted it all a while ago and have re-amassed my CD collection along with some other high res formats. 
Tags are no longer a problem, a perk of being a responsible human concerned with audio quality, AKA, audiophile?

:)

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #995 of 6,356

Quote:
I might be an audiophile, but I still care about my money.
I do buy vinyl though. Which can be even more costly.

And sides tagging is fun. Sort of.

Totally, I was being a bit sarcastic, rolling with the plebeius di campus comment.

You might be an audiophile if you reproach others for not buying their music, or you might also just be a sarcastic snob / jerk (like me) :wink:

Sep 5, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #997 of 6,356
Totally, I was being a bit sarcastic, rolling with the plebeius di campus comment.

You might be an audiophile if you reproach others for not buying their music, or you might also just be a sarcastic snob / jerk (like me) :wink:

Might I add that 'plebian' is a perfectly correct alternative spelling of 'plebeian'.
But maybe you didn't realize when you were plebbing along with your unjustified patricianism.

:wink:

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #998 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you deliver a massive backhand and accuse your best friend of blasphemy when he compares his Skullcandy Lowriders to the set of Superlux HD-688B's that you're in the process of buying. And afterwards you begin to question your friendship.

Sep 5, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #999 of 6,356
Cool Boba Avatar!

Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you deliver a massive backhand and accuse your best friend of blasphemy when he compares his Skullcandy Lowriders to the set of Superlux HD-688B's that you're in the process of buying. And afterwards you begin to question your friendship.

Sep 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #1,000 of 6,356
When your back-up 'in-case-of-emergency' vinyl rig looks like this :-

Then and only then do you know there's no hope for you now
normal_smile%20.gif

Sep 7, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #1,002 of 6,356
When Static produced by the amplifier/cdp pisses you off.
And you have no money to purchase replacements.

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #1,003 of 6,356

Quote:
When Static produced by the amplifier/cdp pisses you off.
And you have no money to purchase replacements.

When you work for 2 hours to balance out the volume and power gain from your system to your amp for hissing.

Sep 7, 2011 at 4:23 PM Post #1,004 of 6,356

Quote:
When you work for 2 hours to balance out the volume and power gain from your system to your amp for hissing.

How exactly?
The amp is a terrible digital amp that a friend didn't want, so I figured I'd try, and its unusable with all the noise it makes, speakers, or headphones, the Cdp is fine with the stereo reciever/amp in the other room though

Sep 7, 2011 at 4:25 PM Post #1,005 of 6,356

Quote:
How exactly?
The amp is a terrible digital amp that a friend didn't want, so I figured I'd try, and its unusable with all the noise it makes, speakers, or headphones, the Cdp is fine with the stereo reciever/amp in the other room though

I run computer to receiver.

Volume on computer is 2%. If I boost too much here, everything dulls.
If I boost too much from the amp, the sound distorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back