You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM Post #856 of 6,356
Have I mentioned how much I love this thread lol. Funny stuff.
When your solution to anything that doesn't fit is "If it aint working right, mod the crap outta it."

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #857 of 6,356
I actually noticed the SCAR first, then the girl, then the AT's.

Quote:
When you notice the headphone in this picture first before anything else.

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #858 of 6,356
You solder headphone cables in your sleep. Seriously, I've done this many, many times.
Then I have a nightmare that I accidentally held my soldering iron like a pen again. Yes, I've done this!

I don't know if sex related dreams for men is common, but for me, I've had more headphone related dreams. Isn't this sad?

Sometimes I analyze headphones in my sleep. Pathetic...

Often I'm seriously dead tired and I'll recable something just to hear it before going to bed. Same feeling as money burning a hole in your pocket. I did this the other day with my new KSC75 and a Canare cable. I went to sleep and my recabled KSC75 was in my bed.

Stupidest thing is comparing interconnect cables. It makes telling the difference between actual headphone recables look EASY. I rarely hear any differences and if so it's like a 1-2% change. Belden was the first interconnect cable that sounded like a decent improvement.

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #859 of 6,356
When you have a dream about headphones. True story. I just had a dream about them last night. Saw a pair custom iems with a clear shell and white cables, a M50, a 7506 and a pair of non-existent headphones that looks like the Sony ZX700 but with a circular white LED on the center of the cups. 
atsmile.gif

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #860 of 6,356
When you are going to travel in a few days and you still haven't decided which headphones to take with you!

When the flight attendant stares at your stacked equipment (for example my Iriver H140 + Ibasso D10) 
- What (on earth) is that?
- It's an mp3 player...
- are you sure? C'mon!
IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME TWICE!

Aug 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #861 of 6,356
I'm gonna be doing some traveling soon with my iBasso D6, Ultrasone HFI-780, and iPod classic 160GB, and hopefully soon a Cypherlabs Algorythm Solo.

Should be interesting.

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #864 of 6,356
You know when you're an audiophile when your girlfriend berates you for buying six hundred dollar headphones and a three hundred dollar headphone amp and you say" What's the big deal?" The best part is, it's not a big deal
dt880smile.png

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #866 of 6,356
When you think back before your audio revelation and think: what I fool I was back then.

Back then, when I thought I would get beautiful sound by buying a $25 pc speakerset.
Back then, when I thought my Sennheiser CX 300 sounded like summit-fi.
Back then, when I thought bass equalled sound quality
Back then, when I thought sound cards and external DACs couldn't possibly have the slightest effect on sound quality.
Back then, when I thought that Razer headphones actually had decent sound quality for their price.
Back then, when I thought that you shouldn't listen to music per album, but rather by selecting an artist or genre and hitting shuffle.
Back then, when I thought that my dad listened to abominable music.
Back then, when I thought that all headphones sounded the same
Back then, when I thought that audiophiles were fools acting solemnly on a placebo.
Back then, when I thought that vinyl is for hippies and old people not wanting to change to digital media.
Back then, when I thought that music was only to be listened to on the background, and should not be thought of as an actual activity.
Back then, when I thought a DAP with 4GB had more than enough storage.

Oh heavens, what a fool I was back then. Tell me, how could I possibly repent for my endless list of sins? Oh heavens, tell me it's not too late to repent.

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:16 AM Post #867 of 6,356
When you trade your house for a hundred headphones.

Wait... that's in the present tense. You actually did this?
Don't get scammed by getting 100 iBuds. That would be the worst thing ever :wink:

I might consider it for 100 SR-009's though. That would be worth $500,000. The problem would be selling them, on the other hand.

Aug 22, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #868 of 6,356
then you just need 100 amps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back