You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 25, 2011 at 4:39 PM Post #661 of 6,356
No - I prefer this one - headphone and TT in one solid unit. The sound is VERY analog, trust me. Only thing is I have to start the records simultaneously with extreme precision to get the stereo-perspective right on spot :)

tumblr_ksjffd3xq31qzh8qao1_500.jpg

Jun 25, 2011 at 6:31 PM Post #662 of 6,356

Quote:
No - I prefer this one - headphone and TT in one solid unit. The sound is VERY analog, trust me. Only thing is I have to start the records simultaneously with extreme precision to get the stereo-perspective right on spot :)

wow! now I would defintely have that in my living room!

Jun 25, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #664 of 6,356
You explain what PRaT means. 
rolleyes.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/371771/what-is-prat/30#post_7565532 

Jun 25, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #665 of 6,356
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Of all the stupid ill-defined descriptions that people use around here, "PRaT" is by far the worst.

Jun 26, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #668 of 6,356

Quote:

I just couldn't have that.  Everytime I saw it, it would just remind me of having to polish the bell on the ship when I was in the navy, lol.  I just couldn't walk past without a perfect brilliant shine without wanting to bring that shine out, lol.

Jun 26, 2011 at 5:21 AM Post #669 of 6,356
When you know and care about prat as a concept, you are getting somewhere in terms of audiophilia. 

I think PRAT is actually a very nice "word" - I came from Naim to tubes (I'm talking speakers) - the Naim was PRAT, the Tubes were TIMBRE

Quote:
rolleyes.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/371771/what-is-prat/30#post_7565532 

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #670 of 6,356
Quote:
When you know and care about prat as a concept, you are getting somewhere in terms of audiophilia. 

I think PRAT is actually a very nice "word" - I came from Naim to tubes (I'm talking speakers) - the Naim was PRAT, the Tubes were TIMBRE

What PRaT points to is one of the most important things for me when listening to music (I posted on the page I linked to). For me it's that feeling of being viscerally impacted by sound e.g. feeling the impact of a bass drum in your chest every time the drummer plays the drum and distinctly feeling the rhythmic articulation of every note. I find good PRaT very satisfying; you could say I'm rapt with PRaT. 
biggrin.gif

Also, that's and interesting distinction between PRaT and TIMBRE, Ardilla. 

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #671 of 6,356
I'm looking at those old skool phonographs and going "I can never see myself buying that..."

Then again, I'm considered a "whippersnapper" around these parts. The notion might come back again in 10 years :)

Jun 26, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #672 of 6,356
and back to the thread title...

...you read this whole thread and are easily in double figures with the number of times you realise you can say 'I've done that' in response to the answers posted to this point. 
smile.gif

Jun 26, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #673 of 6,356

Quote:
and back to the thread title...

...you read this whole thread and are easily in double figures with the number of times you realise you can say 'I've done that' in response to the answers posted to this point. 
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back