You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #586 of 6,356

Quote:
Question, what defines an audiophile in the first place? The more I read the forums, the more it looks like an audiophile is one who is gullible enough to spend thousands of dollars on equipment that, in blind tests, is shown not to be any better than substantially cheaper equipment, particularly DACs, cables, and amps. I consider myself an "audiophile" because I am interested in getting the best possible sound quality that I can, but my ibasso d4, 595s, and e2cs are good enough that I'm not going to deliberately seek out something better.

I'd say that it is someone who considers this hobby as "seeking perfection in sound quality". Obviously there is no such thing as perfection but its fun trying to get near to it. We all love music othewise we wouldn't have anything to do with hifi to begin with. Most people get a nice sound and are happy with that, they then enjoy the music. An audiophile will be looking for faults, or ways to further improve.... whilst still enjoying the music ofcourse!  

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #587 of 6,356
I think audiophiles get all off into cables, scientific this, scientific that.

This tweeter allows me to hear squirrel's breathing. Bla Bla.

Jun 22, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #589 of 6,356
When you walk into the Studio and immediately start asking question about the equipment where it was purchased and how it works.

Jun 22, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #590 of 6,356
Well I look for faults in the music, but I get the sense that a lot of people around here think budget and spending a lot on equipment equates to being an audiophile; rather than recognizing the faults and fixing them if its financially permissible at the time. 

Presently I don't feel like launching a new thread, and this question should be easy enough, are there any standalone transports? I essentially want a stripped down 64 gig ipod touch with a cheaper screen, no video, pictures, or apps, usb and s/pdif out and a simply power cable.

Jun 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #593 of 6,356
^ Interesting.

You know your a audiophile when you go to every meet.

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #596 of 6,356
...when you save the half of your money to buy audio gear. 

Jun 22, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #598 of 6,356

Quote:
...when you save the half of your money to buy audio gear. 

...half?
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back