You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2011 at 9:07 PM Post #421 of 6,356
.. you run to a store at 2am because you ran out of Blu-Tack for headphone modding.

Seriously I did this last night and it's quite sad. I ended up buying just two small items..including a caffeine loaded energy drink to finish my project.

I then got home and found out my Total Airhead makes my HD-650 sound better than my Asgard and E9
confused_face%281%29.gif

I was comparing them for like an hour with games and music.

Ended up getting to bed when the birds came out.

What makes me feel even worse is that I actually had dreams about headphones before. Ugh. Don't tell anyone.

I also spent last night trying to see if I could tell the difference between a Cardas 3.55mm mini cable to a Monoprice one. I couldn't. I can with headphone cables though.

How about just giving me that Asgard then :D

And good to hear about the mini cable. I need a new one and that makes me think I should just go with whatever has a reasonable build quality.

Apr 25, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #422 of 6,356
Perhaps not exactly a SURE sign that I'm an audiophile, but this forum is the first that I've posted in since I made a "NO MORE FORUMS" pact with myself a few years back... and mostly because I want to thank you guys at head-fi for helping me go from an arrogant QuietComfort 15 owner to a budding audiophile who is slowly but steadily learning to appreciate the world beyond Bose. hehe... I've lurked here for a long time and just recently bought myself a 21st birthday present of:

DT770/80
Fiio E3/7/9 combo

This, connected to my Mac Pro, listening only to 320mp3 and Flac... is just... absolutely... well, you know that feeling, the first time you truly HEAR a song, as opposed to just listening to music. I can't count how many times i've sat with my jaw just hanging open as i play a song that i've heard 1 or 2 hundred times and just discover so much more about it. And that's usually accompanied by the "wait... it's 3am?? I was supposed to be in bed hours ago... I have work tomorrow.... but damn this sounds sooo gooooood..." 

And the part that I love is that I've really just begun my journey! My gear now is a huge step up from where I was, but i love the idea that there is a whole new world of headphones, amps, dacs, cabling... wait, this is a bad thing! My poooooor wallet noooooo..... :D 

So anyway, sorry for the ramble but I figured this was a good thread for my first post. Just sayin' hi, and hopefully I'll be able to continue learning from all of you! I'll keep posting too, because I really think this is a great community of people and I'd love to become part of it. 

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #424 of 6,356
^Ditto, good entrance.    

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #429 of 6,356
What I noticed is first in the pic is that the person must be almost colorblind... tweak your monitor settings ***! :p

Apr 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #430 of 6,356
guns, computers, audio equipment. what more could a man want? 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
When you look at this picture and one of the first things you see is the headphones/amps and can name them.

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:19 PM Post #433 of 6,356
Shooting down those zombies while listening with your cans. Sound fun xD

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #435 of 6,356

Quote:
you are an audiophile if you are listening to your music in your iems, half of your classes

No not really! you'll just probably end up so uneducated that you'll go and fill your room full of Guns and think your a audiophile.

Well at least ya can shoot anyone whom calls you emotionally dumb .

That wasn't "aimed" ,pardon the pun, at you skerry by the way.or anyone else . Just don't waste your opportunity to get educated, in some country's people don't even get the chance to learn to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back