You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 22, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #391 of 6,356

Quote:
You know your are an audiophile when you buy a headphone instead of fixing the a/c in your car.

x2. I'm at [about] the same predicament right now, except I live in MI so it's a lot cooler during summer
biggrin.gif

Apr 22, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #392 of 6,356
It's already in the 90's here. I'm sweating my butt off everyday.... but when I go home, it's all gone as I enjoy my music. XD

I will be fixing it soon enough. I just wanted to get the HE-4 purchase out of the way first. :)

Apr 22, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #393 of 6,356

Quote:
It's already in the 90's here. I'm sweating my butt off everyday.... but when I go home, it's all gone as I enjoy my music. XD

I will be fixing it soon enough. I just wanted to get the HE-4 purchase out of the way first. :)

We had a cool 35F today XD. When I took my vacation down to Florida about 2 weeks ago, it was in the high 80's (an average of 86F I think). 90's is unbearable!

I would definitely not fix my AC for the HE-4
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #394 of 6,356

Quote:
LOL

I love my indie.

The thing I hate about indie is the term itself. It's supposed to signify independance of some sort, right? But for instance, ECM is an independent (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong) jazz label and Ostgut Ton is an independent Techno label. Were I to catogarize them by their independance, they would be exactly the same. Whilst they are musically the exact opposite (well, not quite but you get the picture). The term holds no musical relevance at all and is therefore stupid. </ragemodus>

Apr 23, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #396 of 6,356

Quote:
The thing I hate about indie is the term itself. It's supposed to signify independance of some sort, right? But for instance, ECM is an independent (AFAIK, correct me if I'm wrong) jazz label and Ostgut Ton is an independent Techno label. Were I to catogarize them by their independance, they would be exactly the same. Whilst they are musically the exact opposite (well, not quite but you get the picture). The term holds no musical relevance at all and is therefore stupid. </ragemodus>

I agree, Radiohead was once the "kings of indie"  they then went to "the new Prog Rock" and now "Electronica" all just silly little labels. "Blue Note" was one of the greatest independant labels for Jazz and produced most of the iconic albums of the 60's and 70's but you wouldnt call Miles Davis "indie" ha ha

Apr 23, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #397 of 6,356
I personally think there is no way that one genre is more artistic than another. They each express their talent in different ways, and that just it: different.

I can listen to a classical masterpiece and be impressed by the artistic capabilities of the composer just as much as I can be when listening to King Crimson, KMFDM, The Beatles, Megadeth or Merzbow. It's just that the music is very much different. (as well as the SQ, unfortunately. Really too bad the earlier works of Merzbow are made using all but perfect tape loops, it messes up the SQ. But well who am I criticizing the SQ in noise music, as if being an audiophile isn't filled with enough irony.)

I guess you know you're an audiophile when you criticize the sound quality of noise music.

Apr 23, 2011 at 8:02 AM Post #398 of 6,356
you went to an audiologist for your hearing problems, and on the prescription you can only see...

a tea spoon of sennheiser every evening.
JH16 after breakfast
Audio technica 3 times a day
and a sip of Ultrasone before sleep time.

caution! too much dose could lead to audio bliss.

Apr 24, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #403 of 6,356

Quote:

Agreed. But whenever I say a certain genre, like indie, you know exactly what kind of music I'm talking about. Now, I could have said folk-pop or some other term, but I didn't, and I shouldn't have to.

Quote:
I personally think there is no way that one genre is more artistic than another. They each express their talent in different ways, and that just it: different.

I can listen to a classical masterpiece and be impressed by the artistic capabilities of the composer just as much as I can be when listening to King Crimson, KMFDM, The Beatles, Megadeth or Merzbow. It's just that the music is very much different. (as well as the SQ, unfortunately. Really too bad the earlier works of Merzbow are made using all but perfect tape loops, it messes up the SQ. But well who am I criticizing the SQ in noise music, as if being an audiophile isn't filled with enough irony.)

I guess you know you're an audiophile when you criticize the sound quality of noise music.

This. I love drone metal, but the only consideration they have is how loud to make the mix (although the last Sunn O))) album was mixed very well IMO).

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #404 of 6,356

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Arcade Fire, Butthole Surfers, Oxbow, Scratch Acid, Circle Jerks, Black Flag, Cop Shoot Cop,Spazz, Sabbath,...list goes on and on.

Woah, woah, woah... an 8 member band with one guy on a damn megaphone should never be used in the same sentence as Black Sabbath. I AM INSULTED AND ENRAGED SIR.

And by no means are either of those two punk bands if that is a continuation of the first post's list. One is another annoying indie rock band that think's they're something special, and one is a metal band that's been around since the late 60s

FYI, anything Indie or hipster related (that classifies themselves as Indie or denies being a hipster when they are) gets and instant thumbs down from me regardless.

Butthole Surfers are quality though.
wink.gif

Who does not like the Butthole surfers.Gotta have my cough syrup with my pepper.

Apr 24, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #405 of 6,356
...you have a HUGE US History assignment due tomorrow, but instead you spend the day on head-fi and tagging all your new classical music.

Also, when you can't stop thinking about those new IEMs you ordered last week and should get here on Tuesday 
atsmile.gif

And in case you were wondering, I don't live in the US, that's why they've taken that long to get here 
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back