You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2011 at 7:18 PM Post #241 of 6,356
A true audiophile spends his time casting stones at anyone wearing BEATS....with evil glaring a part of the menace too

Apr 8, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #242 of 6,356
A true audiophile spends his time casting stones at anyone wearing BEATS....with evil glaring a part of the menace too

I ran out of stones! The glare is still going strong though :wink:

You know you're an audiophile when you get mad and leave the room whenever someone is playing stereo recordings through a single speaker, when someone is drowning in bass, or when their bitrate is under ~200kbps

Analog playback = instant audiophilia these days. Yes, my 15 year old car's cassette player does sound better than 80% of the rest of the community's sub-128kbps music on their iPods.

There are torrented mp3s (you can tell when there's a "You stole this!" clip repeating randomly throughout it) at 32-64kbps everywhere! :mad:

Apr 8, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #244 of 6,356
U are in an important meeting, sitting in front of ur boss, have to present your ideas, and all you can think of is "Should I get the HD555 n mod them or get the HD595 straightaway ?" and you end up buying the HD 650
L3000.gif

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #247 of 6,356

Quote:
Quote:
so what?... you must do deeper searches for torrents.... and also do not forget the FLAC!....

Not me... I don't download mp3s period. It's the iBuds, Beats, SK, and Bose around here that get put on one ear, and listened to from a 64kbps mp3 source.

im generally satisfied with 320kbps mp3's.

Apr 8, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #248 of 6,356
when you are on here on a friday night ha ha

(wife is out, fridge is full of beer, tube amp is warmed up, RS1's on the bonce. Sorted)
beerchug.gif

Apr 8, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #249 of 6,356
Quote:
...Also when your blood boils when you hear the phrase "I got da beats, dey da best evear!!!!"

Yeah, I was on the bus sitting next to two people having a discussion about potential birthday gifts for their friend...whenever I heard things like "you should get her some Skullcandies", "$300!? That's so expensive!" or "the earbuds are only like $60, not bad", I would just groan and shake my head and massage my temples, all the while getting really weird stares from them. Of course, I didn't care that I offended them, but I did care that they still didn't notice my Etymotic ER-4S after all that staring lol.

Apr 10, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #253 of 6,356

Quote:
you start handing out free tshirts with the words:"I LOVE HEADFI" to strangers.You also have your wife sleep on the couch so you can sleep next to your headphones.

I would love to get one. Where are you, good sir?
continuing the trend.
- when your dorm room has secret compartments for all the headphones you bought because you maxed out your parent's credit card. (and don't want to sell them)

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #254 of 6,356
when you spend rent monay on a DAC that will arrive 2 months later (NFB 12 I am looking at you ಠ_ಠ)

Ps "Hentai" you are a bold bold man to wear that name without fear of administrative wrath

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #255 of 6,356

Quote:
when you spend rent monay on a DAC that will arrive 2 months later (NFB 12 I am looking at you ಠ_ಠ)

Ps "Hentai" you are a bold bold man to wear that name without fear of administrative wrath

Hehe , i've been around in Headfi for 7 years and nothing has happened to me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back