You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #226 of 6,356

Quote:
I just went to a Royksopp concert and was thinking I was doing a terrible thing to my ears as I was right up front and getting the full effect of the bass.

GWAR at the Roseland for the last two years......my god the guy doing sound at the last show needed to be fired. Not every guitar note translates into SHHHHHHHCHCHCHCHSHSHSHCBSHCBLYSVFUIY and words don't go BBBBBZT BZZZZT BZZZZZT BZT when some one talks.

Apr 3, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #227 of 6,356
When you go to a live performance and say "This doesn't sound as good as it would on my rig." 

I hope I never get to this point, since I love live performances so much. 

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #229 of 6,356

Quote:
When you go to a live performance and say "This doesn't sound as good as it would on my rig." 

I hope I never get to this point, since I love live performances so much. 

Now I go to the cinema and think my headphones can reproduce midrange and highs better. Soundstage is not as good and the bass is not as ground-shaking, but to my surprise my headphones are not so far behind. The only reason why I go is because they have a bigger screen and higher resolution.

Quote:
probably if the concert has low budget... there is no music quality.... 

Doesn't matter how good the system is, a concert will always have a lot of noise generated by the audience, which is no better than 128 kbps mp3 IMO. The volume level is also unadjustably deafening.

Apr 3, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #230 of 6,356
you are definitely an audiophile when you spend every free minute checking and adding to this website - which I do all the time...yeah

Apr 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #234 of 6,356
when you moved and the first thing do you is connecting your rig.
when you heard your favourite album 5x with different headphones. (and of course you have a lot more then only 5!
wink.gif
)

Apr 3, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #236 of 6,356
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back