You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #37 of 6,356
I don't think that you can know what you are, but you can know what you were. I know I was a (pseudo)audiophile when I reverted all the way back to cassettes and replaced them DT880 with HD215's.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #38 of 6,356
Hmm.. not sure whether you really meant this..
I buy headhphones because I want enjoy music. Will try to discover flaws before purchase though, but thats to be done on the headphones, not the music.

Quote:
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH........................hahahahahahahahah ENJOY    MUSIC?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!!!!!111!!?!??

these two words should only be on this forum if it starts with Audiophiles do not , and ends with because they must listen to it to discover it's flaws and hate it.

Mar 15, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #40 of 6,356
Umm.... When your friend lets you see his/her ipod or mp3 and you secretly change the EQ settings???
or mabye when you go to someones house and change the sound settings on their computer and TV??

Mar 15, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #44 of 6,356

Quote:
You may have a serious electrical problem if your amps get that hot.

lol it doesn't get that hot. It doesn't get that cold in the Bay Area so my amp is just hot enough to keep the room a little warmer. My LC3 does run hot though since the tubes are inside such a small area.

Mar 15, 2011 at 4:58 PM Post #45 of 6,356
When you try to convince your twinsister that the Cowon D2 with Shure e2c's will blow her iPod away in all fronts, even with the same mp3's! The Shure e2c's are not high end at all, not even mid end but I started my foray into better quality listening by using that combo.

At least I was able to pursuade my twinsister in accepting my Cowon D2 as a gift with the Shure IEM's and she can't stop talking about it to her friends.

Also another one: when you try to convince people that actually sit down with a glass of wine and listen and feel the music instead of only "hearing" it in "background" mode. When I explain people that I actually sit/lie down on my couch with my Cowon D2/Shure E530 to listen to music without doing anything else, they look up weirdly sometimes. I do the same with my B&W 7 series speaker system. Others prefer watching TV, I prefer listening to music.

The thing is though: enjoying music can be done with the cheapest gear or the most expensive gear. The goal should be to enjoy the music and not move it to the background while doing other things. Active listening instead of passive hearing. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back