You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #1,261 of 6,356

Quote:
because you don't go to any party because you're afraid of the hearing loss it might cause...

Who needs a social life when they can have headphones ? 
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #1,262 of 6,356
Nov 3, 2011 at 10:57 PM Post #1,265 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you're on head-fi and various other audio sites instead of studying for a Vector Mechanics midterm the next day.

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #1,266 of 6,356
Nah, this just means that you're not an intellectual masochist. I understand completely, I should be studying for my Electricity & Magnetism exam, hahaha!
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you're on head-fi and various other audio sites instead of studying for a Vector Mechanics midterm the next day.

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #1,267 of 6,356
Nah, this just means that you're not an intellectual masochist. I understand completely, I should be studying for my Electricity & Magnetism exam, hahaha!

I would rather call it procrastination, happens to every single person walking this earth. What makes you an audiophile is the way you spend your procrastination time. :D

Nov 5, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #1,268 of 6,356
I got offered 2 free tickets to attend the San Francisco Symphony's 100th Anniversary Birthday Party and private concert and reception on December 12 and I couldn't make up my mind on whether or not to accept because I actually prefer to listen to orchestral recordings on my headphones at home than to a live symphony orchestra.

I have decided to go (because of the reception after the concert). Now I have to find someone to go with me.

Nov 5, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #1,271 of 6,356

Quote:
Your ears hurt but you keep listening anyway

Thats foolish, an Audiophile would never do something that could risk damaging the most important part of their rig (ears)
If your ears hurt, it's time to take a break. and possibly practice listening at lower levels.

Nov 5, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #1,272 of 6,356

Quote:
Thats foolish, an Audiophile would never do something that could risk damaging the most important part of their rig (ears)
If your ears hurt, it's time to take a break. and possibly practice listening at lower levels.

a stupid one will.

Nov 6, 2011 at 4:59 AM Post #1,273 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you check head-fi every odd minute late at night. Each time you decide to go check out a thread but while reading it you time after time note that you are way to sleepy to read the text. However, you don't want to go to bed because the album hasn't finished playing yet.

Nov 6, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #1,274 of 6,356
blink.gif

I'm doing that right now. Wow.

Nov 6, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #1,275 of 6,356

Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you check head-fi every odd minute late at night. Each time you decide to go check out a thread but while reading it you time after time note that you are way to sleepy to read the text. However, you don't want to go to bed because the album hasn't finished playing yet.

+1
beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back