You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #5,116 of 6,356
I did this too. A LOT.

Quote:
When you mouth the words of the song you're listening to habitually and sometimes subconsciously.

I can't count how many times people have asked me What I was doing when I was listening to music, and realized I was following along with my lips.

What my Mum said when she heard my plan for a full size headphone. Now, I shall never let her know my purchases....
Quote:
When you tell your buddies that you want another pair of headphones to go with the one you currently have and they reply, "Another one!?"

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #5,117 of 6,356
when you wish you have perfect vision so you can ID headphones correctly from 50 meters away

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #5,118 of 6,356
When you almost strangle a kid in your class because he say he cant hear the difference between beats solo and Grado SR-325i.

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #5,119 of 6,356
Quote:
When you almost strangle a kid in your class because he say he cant hear the difference between beats solo and Grado SR-325i.

That kid must be on drugs....
blink.gif

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #5,120 of 6,356
Quote:

How the hell? Anyone could tell the difference between those, the SR-325i is one of the harshest, brightest headphones there is, and the solo is the exact opposite =_____=

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #5,122 of 6,356
This place is definitely not an audiophile site.

Far too much talk of EQ and people needing more and more volume and bass

I think head-fi has created a new type of customer with very different priorities that audio companies don't seem to understand.
It reminds me of 2 channel hi-fi in the 70s , all about value, tweaking , and a bit of the pioneer spirit

To an old git like me it's very refreshing

Dec 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #5,123 of 6,356
Quote:
I think head-fi has created a new type of customer with very different priorities that audio companies don't seem to understand.
It reminds me of 2 channel hi-fi in the 70s , all about value, tweaking , and a bit of the pioneer spirit

Yeah, the site does not always seem to be about how you can improve the art of music, which audiophilia is to me

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #5,124 of 6,356
Quote:

I'd agree with this. Very well put.

Dec 18, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #5,125 of 6,356
Quote:

Well I think an EQ can be useful for minor tweaking, I tend to avoid it. I don't even know how it works in terms of what the audio source does...

Dec 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #5,126 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

Well I think an EQ can be useful for minor tweaking, I tend to avoid it. I don't even know how it works in terms of what the audio source does...

Software based equalizers dynamically process the sound, which is why they can be either very good or very, VERY bad.

Hardware-based equalizers... I have no ******* clue. All I know is a "transparent" hardware EQ is hard to come by and very expensive.

I use EQing to fix frequency spikes, and sometimes to even out the sound of a vintage set.

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #5,127 of 6,356
When thinking about buying a headphone, it doesn't look too appealing to you aesthetically, but when you actually receive it you start to absolutely love its looks.

Happened with my DT1350s and now my SA3000s. <3

Dec 18, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #5,128 of 6,356
When you've said "To hell with waiting for Christmas. I'm gonna unwrap all my audiophile gear now!" 
wink_face.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back