1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341
343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352
Next

Last
  1. jipan
    I did this too. A LOT.

Quote:

What my Mum said when she heard my plan for a full size headphone. Now, I shall never let her know my purchases....
    Quote:

2. streetdragon
    when you wish you have perfect vision so you can ID headphones correctly from 50 meters away

3. AHorseNamedJeff
    When you almost strangle a kid in your class because he say he cant hear the difference between beats solo and Grado SR-325i.

TheJesusGuy likes this.
  4. Achmedisdead
    Quote:
    That kid must be on drugs....[​IMG]

5. takato14
    Quote:
    How the hell? Anyone could tell the difference between those, the SR-325i is one of the harshest, brightest headphones there is, and the solo is the exact opposite =_____=

6. TheJesusGuy
    Quote:
    Please shoot him.

7. KT66
    This place is definitely not an audiophile site.

Far too much talk of EQ and people needing more and more volume and bass

I think head-fi has created a new type of customer with very different priorities that audio companies don't seem to understand.
    It reminds me of 2 channel hi-fi in the 70s , all about value, tweaking , and a bit of the pioneer spirit

To an old git like me it's very refreshing

8. davidsh
    Quote:
    Yeah, the site does not always seem to be about how you can improve the art of music, which audiophilia is to me

9. takato14
    Quote:
    I'd agree with this. Very well put.

10. miceblue
    Quote:
    Well I think an EQ can be useful for minor tweaking, I tend to avoid it. I don't even know how it works in terms of what the audio source does...

11. takato14
    Quote:
    Software based equalizers dynamically process the sound, which is why they can be either very good or very, VERY bad.

Hardware-based equalizers... I have no ******* clue. All I know is a "transparent" hardware EQ is hard to come by and very expensive.

I use EQing to fix frequency spikes, and sometimes to even out the sound of a vintage set.

12. takato14
    When thinking about buying a headphone, it doesn't look too appealing to you aesthetically, but when you actually receive it you start to absolutely love its looks.

Happened with my DT1350s and now my SA3000s. <3

13. PanamaHat
    When you've said "To hell with waiting for Christmas. I'm gonna unwrap all my audiophile gear now!" [​IMG]

14. wolfetan44
  15. nimbostruck14
    When people ask wut headphones you are wearing and the guy next to u says a cheap version of beats. Then they both go in awe that my whole rig is worth $700 hahaha (including $300 iPod so more like $400)

First

Back
332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341
343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352
Next

Last