You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #2,927 of 6,356
When you get into an audio-related argument with your non-audiophile family members, try to explain why you're right, and fail to persuade them... this just happened when my brother claimed that Rock n' Roll/Heavy Metal needed lots and lots of bass to sound good...

Aug 30, 2012 at 1:37 AM Post #2,929 of 6,356
Your leather storage ottoman next to your TV is filled with nothing but a mess of random headphones and headphone cables and interconnects.
I swear there is a remote in there somewhere.

Buried under this huge mess of wiring is my AD700
biggrin.gif
You can tell how much I love it...

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #2,930 of 6,356
Quote:
When you get into an audio-related argument with your non-audiophile family members, try to explain why you're right, and fail to persuade them... this just happened when my brother claimed that Rock n' Roll/Heavy Metal needed lots and lots of bass to sound good...

GET THAT BOY SOME GRADOS!!!! it's all about the mids and highs, CLEAN BASS!!! is a must how ever.

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #2,931 of 6,356
Quote:
You know youre and audiophile when you start comparing you headphones instead of doing homework

this. ended up comparing my hd202 and my bro's razer electra. after a few hours i felt the hd202 was just slightly better overall

Aug 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #2,932 of 6,356
Quote:

lol, I try to prove to my friends cousin that there are better headphones than bose, but he just says "Dude, bose is the BEST sound", he obviously doesn't know what an open headphone is, he thinks that bose QC15 is about as good as headphones get.

Aug 30, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #2,933 of 6,356
lol, I try to prove to my friends cousin that there are better headphones than bose, but he just says "Dude, bose is the BEST sound", he obviously doesn't know what an open headphone is, he thinks that bose QC15 is about as good as headphones get.

I usually convince my friends that bose started out as a joke. In reality it stands for "Buy Other Sound Equipment" but it became so profitable because of ignorance that they just went with it and it became the huge company it is now.

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #2,936 of 6,356
Quote:
I let my friend try my iPhone 4+O2+LCD2 portable setup and she's just like...
"Yea, they're really good but I'm not going to spend that much. I think the ipod earbuds are just perfect"
It killed me inside.

That kills me too man. It just makes no sense how people "can be so into music" and have no problem shortchanging their experience so drastically. 

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #2,937 of 6,356
Quote:
I let my friend try my iPhone 4+O2+LCD2 portable setup and she's just like...
"Yea, they're really good but I'm not going to spend that much. I think the ipod earbuds are just perfect"
It killed me inside.

lol I can imagine. It also killed me inside when a friend of mine said the my ath-m50 sucked compared to his beats pro "cause it didn't have enough bass". Wait till he listens to some denons.

Aug 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #2,938 of 6,356
That kills me too man. It just makes no sense how people "can be so into music" and have no problem shortchanging their experience so drastically. 

I don't think she ever mentioned she was into music that much. I guess she just feels for what she actually listens to every now and then it's decent enough and came free with the ipod.
I'm about to order her a pair of those hisound earbuds that are on sale... >.> Can't stand knowing she's using the ipod earbuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back