You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #1,696 of 6,356

Quote:
 C) the audio gifts you spent too much on for someone else won't be appreciated because of the crappy quality of their files.

Or they aren't even using them! I have this nagging suspicion because nobody has given me feedback on how good they sound..........one of my cousins also got a 32GB Ipod Touch for X-mas and i busted her using the ibuds that came with it! I'm like "hey i just might have to repossess those gifts"

I got my dad to listen to one song with my ProDJ100 and he just commented on the "modern" music i was playing for him (Corridos) and gave them to my mom. She puts them on backwards with hair in the way and says "I don't like how the sound goes directly to my ear" so she raises them a bit and then gives um back
confused_face_2.gif
Well so much for that experiment.....

When you say you won't spend more than $100 on a pair of headphones until you're older...........and then realize you got a pair of Aviators ($150) with a $50 and $100 gift card.......waaiiitttt a minute....

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:50 PM Post #1,701 of 6,356
When you have the following conversation(true story)
Girl: I just got a queen sized bed
Me: Oh thats cool, how do you like it.
Girl: Its nice but takes up a lot of room.
Me: Ya that is why i still have my twin, in fact i still need more space, thinking about getting rid of it and sleeping on the floor.
Girl: What do you need the room for?
Me: :blink: My... uhhh stereo... system...

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #1,702 of 6,356
Oh, also, you know you an audiophile when you've looked through eight different threads for the past 2 nights all entitled "Pictures of your High End System" "Pictures of your Portable Rig PART XX" and "Pictures of Your Head-Fi Station at it's current state". 
biggrin.gif

Dec 28, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #1,703 of 6,356
Oh, also, you know you an audiophile when you've looked through eight different threads for the past 2 nights all entitled "Pictures of your High End System" "Pictures of your Portable Rig PART XX" and "Pictures of Your Head-Fi Station at it's current state". :D

Ha i try to stay away from those threads in fear of that, not like i have better things to do but if i started i would NOT stop.

Dec 28, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #1,707 of 6,356
Be sure to post about your Q701 when you get it Austin!

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:12 AM Post #1,709 of 6,356
You have $100 yet youre researching a $300 rig.

When you have nothing yet you're researching a $800 rig.

When a friend asks for a good IEM to buy and you immediately suggest IE8's. The conversation then went something like this:
Him: Dude, they cost 150 euros.
Me: I know. Pretty cheap, don't you think?
Him: Cheap? What are you talking about. That's about twice my budget.

In the end he did buy a Westone 1, so I was proud enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back