You know you're an audiophile when....
Jan 25, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #137 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you consider passing up sex to listen to some tunes. (c'mon, married guys. you know what i'm talkin' 'bout) Right? right?

Not really. I do both at the same time.

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #138 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geruvah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really. I do both at the same time.

He is talking about with a partner.
wink.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #139 of 183
When:

- You have owned 12 high end headphones at one time.

- 16bit 44.1hz High end CD player is a weak link in your system. In fact normal CD's are the weak link in your system.

- The iPod Line out is not as good as the cables, amp, and headphones that you are listening to. In fact, it is a point of anger.

- Buy $100-200 items with low expectations

- $400 headphones are simply not good enough

- Put $200 cable on a $150 headphone

- Wood is on everything, even things that were never meant to have wood.

- Tubes make you happy and angry because it takes a lot of time and work to get tube mids with SS detail.

- Every headphone must have a stand

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #142 of 183
When you are still planning on heading out in a snow storm to pick up a few records, because you've been looking forward to it for about a week.

Jan 28, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #143 of 183
when u spend your entire pocket money savings on an IEM..just so that u dont miss your HD600 while out of house.

now i m gonna have to survive on water for a week.

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #144 of 183
... when you'd rather be wearing cargo pants instead of shorts in the middle of the summer just to have place to fit your portable gear.

... when your local artists ask for tips on recording for best quality.

... you never leave home without your portable rig, even if it's for a trip 3 minutes away. And if you somehow forget to take your beloved eq, you start yelling "Holy S#1T I lost 4 pounds already! That diet must really work!", just so you later start shivering and biting your nails in anxiety and lack of your music.

... when you find yourself in 'some' night-clubs thinking you're in the hell of deaf people.

... when one of your friends tells you " Come check out these new speakers I got on bargain ! They sound awsome!" and you know just what to expect thinking "Yeah, right, and I'm the reincarnated Jimmy Hendrix"

... when your girl yells at you to turn the music down and you go "Shhh...you're disturbing it."

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #146 of 183
...you fire up your latest purchase, listen to music, and more music, and still more music, and then notice that it's past midnight... bonus points if the sun has just risen.

Jan 31, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #147 of 183
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0rpheus04 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... you never leave home without your portable rig, even if it's for a trip 3 minutes away.

When you sit in your car plugging in your headphones to your amp to you LOD to your DAP and putting gently into a hip bag attach it to your waist - taking about 3-4 minutes so you can go into the store and buy something - taking 2-3 maybe 4 minutes and then come out taking off your hip bag....ect ect ect.....
darthsmile.gif

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:40 PM Post #149 of 183
  1. When everytime you see headphones anywhere - you instantly see your life with headphone flash by like your life is going to end
    tongue_smile.gif
    (you could also replace "headphones" with "posting on head-fi.org")
  2. When you want to scream and cry for mankind everytime you are see anyone with 50 cent stock headphones for their iPod or PMP. (Could turn into a fobia i think)
  3. When you keep going back, again and again, in the lateste blueray movies while watching with your better half to see what headphones was was used in that clip. (Not recommend)
  4. When you think about the sound quality in Tv commercials.
  5. Many months after discovering lossless you are thinking "What? I dodn't remember even having that recording?" after rediscover your gigant MP3 storage by incident when looking for a lossless recording.
  6. When the disovery of all your old lossy file collection comes like smack in the face reminder that you still need to convert the other half of your CD collection to lossless.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:45 PM Post #150 of 183
Ohh and as a group:
When at lunch you discuss the ideal sound product and everyone collectivly agree that they ONLY option is directly porting the audio into the never endings going to each ear and then having a switch like structure that can completly turn off signals comming from the ears for better signal to noise results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back