You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
May 23, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #5,315 of 6,112
  YKYAAR you got new IEMs today, but take thirty minutes trying to switch out the tips. I got one on but that took me like a solid 15-20 minutes. They have the notch on the top and I can't get the other one on ugh pls help headphone gods.

This is why I am only interested in custom IEMs. I can never get universal IEMs to stay in my ears!

May 23, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #5,316 of 6,112
  YKYAAR you got new IEMs today, but take thirty minutes trying to switch out the tips. I got one on but that took me like a solid 15-20 minutes. They have the notch on the top and I can't get the other one on ugh pls help headphone gods.

This is why I am only interested in custom IEMs. I can never get universal IEMs to stay in my ears!

I would think that customs are very bad too, they are prone to collecting wax and needing to be cleaned ofter... All of my iem tips work amazing good, but after 30 minutes, the wax and sweat make them fall out. I just need to clean with a piece of cloth the tip, and it stays back for another 30 minutes... This is not so bad, considering that dark, warm, and un-aired places are prone to fungus...And ear fungus is a pain worse than you imagine. I had this once, it lasted a month, i needed daily cleaning at hospital, it hurt so bad that i could not sleep or eat, and if you get ear fungus you cannot hear for the time being, because they fill your ear with pieces of materials to clean those things... A pretty traumatic experience...

From this point of view, i consider universals cleaner, and safer to use than customs...

YKYAAW you want to go for a walk to listen to music while walking, because it creates a more intense experience with metal if you walk fast, and you can concentrate more while walking on the music and synesthesia with music...

May 23, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #5,317 of 6,112
YKYAAW you are friends with someone who designs his own headphones.

I would think that customs are very bad too, they are prone to collecting wax and needing to be cleaned ofter... All of my iem tips work amazing good, but after 30 minutes, the wax and sweat make them fall out. I just need to clean with a piece of cloth the tip, and it stays back for another 30 minutes...

My point was that I could not get them to stay in my ears at all, no matter which tip size I used or whatever else I tried.

May 23, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #5,318 of 6,112
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, and there's the fact that not many people besides myself post so much in this thread anymore...which is saddening.

I scared them away! Muahaha!

YKYAAW you are friends with someone who designs his own headphones.

Let's be friends!
ksc75smile.gif

Originally Posted by TRapz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I try as much as I can, but I've been crazy busy with school- AP exams, research papers, make up work from a couple things, etc. This summer I'll try to get really invested in Head-Fi again. That and programming and creative writing.

YKYAAW you invest ALL of your time into audiophilia. ALL!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 23, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #5,320 of 6,112
Is that...a coconut?!

Yes, it is. Check it out here! http://www.instructables.com/id/Coconut-Headphones-1/ YKYAAW you use whatever you have to build cans.
...I didn't really make those headphones. I just wanted you to think I was cool, so I could have a friend.

May 23, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #5,321 of 6,112
  Yes, it is. Check it out here! http://www.instructables.com/id/Coconut-Headphones-1/ YKYAAW you use whatever you have to build cans.
...I didn't really make those headphones. I just wanted you to think I was cool, so I could have a friend.

Well, your plan backfired. Coconut headphones are so totally not cool! *social outcast foreverrrr*

tongue.gif

May 23, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #5,322 of 6,112
Well, your plan backfired. Coconut headphones are so totally not cool! *social outcast foreverrrr*

Noo! Cruel audiophile world! Why do you reject me?!
triportsad.gif

http://www.instructables.com/id/LEGO-Headphones/?li_source=pm&li_medium=related-instructables&li_campaign=related_test Hilarity intensifies...

May 23, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #5,325 of 6,112
Oh, you want Legos?
biggrin.gif

Clever girl..that's if you are a girl. I bet that amount of legos is worth more than a wooden/metal headphone stand.

Originally Posted by xkonfuzed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YKYAA when you can't study unless you're listening to music.

It helps, because listening to the music again is like playing back the study session. "I..I just wanna tell you (what year Wilhelm Roentgen discovered X-rays.) Gotta make you understand(1895.")

Users who are viewing this thread

Back