You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
May 18, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #5,281 of 6,112

i have zero experience with shure iems, but i think that you should give sennheiser iems a try!

I need the isolation, and the Shures and Etys supposedly give the best isolation. IE80s seem to be pretty bad at isolating, from what I hear. I'd love to try some Etys however, and have almost enough for a pair of ER4s; I doubt I'd buy them though. Maybe if I sell my Shures.

May 18, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #5,283 of 6,112
YKYAAW, after work, you clean up partially to be clean but mostly to not get your headphones dirty

YKYAAW you're willing to turn off your air conditioner and let your room get hot so you can listen to your headphones

YKYAAW you wonder not what you'll get with your birthday money, but what audio gear you'll get with your birthday money

Just got paid and officially have exactly enough for an ER4; I probably won't get anything that costly, however, an amp would be nice. The more I think about it, I also want something in the ~$200 range for another open backed headphone. I want the amp because I want an amp and I want the headphone so I can say I needed the amp 
tongue.gif
 If I buy anything, that's how I'll justify the purchase

YKYAAW you told your mother that your last pair of headphones would be your last for a while, but that might be a lie because you have money

May 18, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #5,286 of 6,112
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Guys, check out the image I made:

Nice one!

Originally Posted by DonutDeflector /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YKYAAW YKYAA.

I got too lazy to add a drop shadow and fit the text correctly.

May 18, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #5,287 of 6,112
YKYAAW you only download FLAC from Bandcamp

I LOVE Bandcamp. So much good stuff on there; I wish I could pay for my downloads, I probably will once I get a debit card or something. 

Downloading this right now. "Gabe's Song" is awesome.

May 18, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #5,288 of 6,112
  Nice one!

I got too lazy to add a drop shadow and fit the text correctly.

OMG! Your image editing skills are beyond mine. How did you do that?

I LOVE Bandcamp. So much good stuff on there; I wish I could pay for my downloads, I probably will once I get a debit card or something. 

Downloading this right now. "Gabe's Song" is awesome.

Got you covered:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/731523/the-free-music-thread-100-legal-downloads-of-all-formats
http://www.head-fi.org/t/644595/official-free-flac-file-music-sharing-thread

May 18, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #5,289 of 6,112
OMG! Your image editing skills are beyond mine. How did you do that?

I just have a ton of experience doing it^^. You can find some of my classics in this thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/571326/meet-typical-headfier-andy
YKYAAW you're just like Typical Head-Fier Andy.
If you ever need Photoshopping, I can help ya. Photoshopping or X-raying. ..Or both combined.

Originally Posted by TRapz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can we trust downloaded FLAC files to be truly lossless?
eek.gif
Well, from Bandcamp, sure.

May 18, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #5,290 of 6,112
Made some more eye candy. Enjoy.

One HEK of a RYgg.
cool.gif

This wallpaper I created is designed to look good on my 1366x768 display. Feel free to use or modify it.

For those who didn't know, "HEK" = HIFIMAN HE1000 headphones and "RYgg" = Schiit Ragnarok amp + Schiit Yggdrasil DAC.

And if you don't already know the price...you don't wanna know!

May 19, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #5,291 of 6,112
Made some more eye candy. Enjoy. For those who didn't know, "HEK" = HIFIMAN HE1000 headphones and "RYgg" = Schiit Ragnarok amp + Schiit Yggdrasil DAC.
And if you don't already know the price...you don't wanna know!

Yay! What in the HEK have you created? Perhaps you should pair the HE1000 with a Hifiman amp though =O. Even though that is some nice Schiit.
This is a price I am willing to pay, because that is when you know you're an audiophile, of course.

May 19, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #5,292 of 6,112
  Yay! What in the HEK have you created? Perhaps you should pair the HE1000 with a Hifiman amp though =O. Even though that is some nice Schiit.
This is a price I am willing to pay, because that is when you know you're an audiophile, of course.

Why? The Schiit Ragnarok is much better and HIFIMAN's amps are overpriced, especially the new one. Also, the Ragnarok is the only non-electrostatic amp I have any interest in upgrading to.

I'm actually thinking about going for a Sennheiser HD 800 instead. Just depends which one is more accurate, in the end.

May 19, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #5,293 of 6,112
Why? The Schiit Ragnarok is much better and HIFIMAN's amps are overpriced, especially the new one. Also, the Ragnarok is the only non-electrostatic amp I have any interest in upgrading to.

I'm actually thinking about going for a Sennheiser HD 800 instead. Just depends which one is more accurate, in the end.

+1 Well said.

May 19, 2015 at 8:30 PM Post #5,294 of 6,112

To me, this is a choice between bass or treble. ...Get both cans! That's what an audiophile would do.

Originally Posted by reddog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 Well said.

Yes, Alchy- I mean Alchemist is very clever. Why buy overpriced **** when you can buy Schiit?
Do you think someone's going to rip off the circlotron soon though? o.O

May 19, 2015 at 8:33 PM Post #5,295 of 6,112
  To me, this is a choice between bass or treble. ...Get both cans! That's what an audiophile would do.

Yes, Alchy- I mean Alchemist is very clever. Why buy overpriced **** when you can buy Schiit?
Do you think someone's going to rip off the circlotron soon though? o.O

If money was not an issue, I would simply buy all the headphones on my gigantic wish list. (See profile.) But I am on a budget. Even if I only get the HD 800, I would still want the Ragnarok and Yggdrasil, which is an extra $4,000. Some people thought the HE1000 sounded bad on HIFIMAN's flagship amp. And many people have told me the Ragnarok is better than far more expensive amps (even five figure ones) much of the time.

By the way, which ultra-high-end headphones have you heard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back