You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
May 23, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #5,326 of 6,112
  Clever girl..that's if you are a girl.

This can't not be a Jurassic Park reference.
biggrin.gif

I thought of changing my user name to Cat Girl and using this avatar all the time...but that would be misleading, since I'm not a girl. lol

May 23, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #5,327 of 6,112
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1)This can't not be a Jurassic Park reference.
biggrin.gif
2)I thought of changing my user name to Cat Girl and using this avatar all the time...but that would be misleading, since I'm not a girl. lol

1)Clever girl X2! Or clever guy.
2)Oh, dang it. I'd better get rid of the flowers I bought. ...I'm an interior decorator. >.>
I just want to sing: Nananananananananananana Batgirl(man)!

May 23, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #5,328 of 6,112
I know some of you have wanted to get your hands on various headphones I have sold in the past, but weren't able to due to the price being out of reach...well, no longer! The Sony MDR-7506 is now up for grabs.
biggrin.gif

YKYAAW you get one of the most popular studio headphones everrr.
tongue_smile.gif

May 23, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #5,329 of 6,112
YKYAAW you get one of the most popular studio headphones everrr.
tongue_smile.gif

YKYAAW you have the M50, a specific popular studio headphone. Don't "buy" into Alchemist's tricks. -Just kidding!

May 23, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #5,330 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you have the M50, a specific popular studio headphone. Don't "buy" into Alchemist's tricks. -Just kidding!

lol. Nice play on words.

How do you like the M50 compared to other headphones you've heard? The ATH-M50xBL (the one in that Lego photo I posted) is on my wish list, mainly out of curiosity, but also because I think it looks cool.

May 23, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #5,331 of 6,112
How do you like the M50 compared to other headphones you've heard? The ATH-M50xBL (the one in that Lego photo I posted) is on my wish list, mainly out of curiosity, but also because I think it looks cool.

Are you telling me you haven't heard an M50?!
basshead.gif
This picture says it all:

I love the M50, even with my Q701 and AD700 around.
Surprisingly, I find that the M50 and AD700 sound very similar from around 300hz upward. It's something I've noticed since I first heard the M50. They are both warm with slightly grainy, forward treble. This causes harsh tracks to sound nice on them. If you get an M50, I'll show you example songs.
Comparing the bass of the M50 to the Q701, things get weird. They both have very strong, deep bass, but the Q701's bass is more..tactile. This is due to its tightness. The M50's bass is more present, but it isn't as fast and clear..as high quality, if you will. Just more quantity.

May 23, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #5,332 of 6,112
  Are you telling me you haven't heard an M50?!
basshead.gif
This picture says it all:

I love the M50, even with my Q701 and AD700 around.
Surprisingly, I find that the M50 and AD700 sound very similar from around 300hz upward. It's something I've noticed since I first heard the M50. They are both warm with slightly grainy, forward treble. This causes harsh tracks to sound nice on them. If you get an M50, I'll show you example songs.
Comparing the bass of the M50 to the Q701, things get weird. They both have very strong, deep bass, but the Q701's bass is more..tactile. This is due to its tightness. The M50's bass is more present, but it isn't as fast and clear..as high quality, if you will. Just more quantity.

I will never buy an M50, but will probably buy an M50xBL. (Slightly different sound, features, etc.)

But really, I've become super-jaded when it comes to headphones. Even when I think something sounds great...it still sounds like crap compared to real life. lol

May 23, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #5,333 of 6,112
I will never buy an M50, but will probably buy an M50xBL. (Slightly different sound, features, etc.) But really, I've become super-jaded when it comes to headphones. Even when I think something sounds great...it still sounds like crap compared to real life. lol

M50, M50X, it's all cool, yo. Just make sure you pay less than $120USD.
Well, gersh, you know, there are a lot of things you will never get to hear in real life. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, for instance. You need cans to hear these things!
I'm still a newbie to the Head-Fi world, so I'm not quite jaded yet. There's always a better can out there. And speakers get even better!

May 23, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #5,334 of 6,112
  M50, M50X, it's all cool, yo. Just make sure you pay less than $120USD.
Well, gersh, you know, there are a lot of things you will never get to hear in real life. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion, for instance. You need cans to hear these things!
I'm still a newbie to the Head-Fi world, so I'm not quite jaded yet. There's always a better can out there. And speakers get even better!

The one I want (M50xBL) is a limited edition that sells for $189 right now. That's still pretty low-end (in price) for me.

I'm kind of intermediate. I've owned many headphones under $1,000, but none over $1,000 yet.

May 23, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #5,337 of 6,112
Originally Posted by JEspina456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YKYAAW you spend hours and hours and days researching reviews and specs about your next purchase(s) online!!

YKYAAW you spend hours and hours and days researching reviews and specs about headphones you will never purchase.
ph34r.gif

And speaking of the limited edition ATH-M50xBL I was just talking about...it's in your avatar!
biggrin.gif

Ohh, you want that weird-looking version. Wait; You aren't just getting it for aesthetics, are you? D=

May 23, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #5,338 of 6,112
  Ohh, you want that weird-looking version. Wait; You aren't just getting it for aesthetics, are you? D=

I already gave my reasons: curiosity and it looks cool. If I'm going to buy the M50x, I might as well buy one that I think looks even cooler than basic black. (Though generally, I actually prefer black.) I don't expect it to be the best-sounding headphone I've heard, but I've been meaning to hear it for awhile. I have found that what matters in personal preference is the compromises you are willing to make. If you haven't already, look on my profile at the list of headphones I used to own. Some of the most expensive ones were some of the greatest disappointments.

May 24, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #5,339 of 6,112
If you haven't already, look on my profile at the list of headphones I used to own. Some of the most expensive ones were some of the greatest disappointments.

I actually glanced at your list, and I was quite surprised. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, I suppose. The biggest disappointment for me was the V-80, but I knew exactly what to expect. So it was less a disappointment and more a disliking. It's a great headphone nonetheless. It's good to experiment. Every headphone has merit, I say.

May 24, 2015 at 12:37 AM Post #5,340 of 6,112
I wanted the m50x anyway and I thought the blue looked great. I did pay the extra $$ just for the special color. Lol

Same reason I purchased the Senn 598s. I liked the brown. Plus I'm a huge fan of Sennheiser. Just picked up 650s for the sound. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back