You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
May 25, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #5,356 of 6,112
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And the Abyss AB-1266 is black.

But they are..UGLY! I rank them up there with the TakeT H2 in terms of gross(multi-meaning word) aesthetics.
I'm going to pull up Photoshop and paint the HD800 to look even better!

May 25, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #5,357 of 6,112
  If i am ever to get a pair of hd800, i think that an entire black one would be so awesome!

Yet, i cannot stop but wonder if it affects SQ in any way.

I see that you are back to railgun.

How would a paint job affect sound quality?
blink.gif

But they are..UGLY! I rank them up there with the TakeT H2 in terms of gross(multi-meaning word) aesthetics.
I'm going to pull up Photoshop and paint the HD800 to look even better!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I think the Abyss and TakeT look amazing!

May 25, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #5,358 of 6,112
blink.gif
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I think the Abyss and TakeT look amazing!

Getting spray paint on the driver could affect its performance. But that won't happen with ColorWare lol. Also, changing any acoustic material from rough to glossy will affect its acoustic characteristics.
   Yuck. You crazy, Alchemist? The TakeT looks like it was made in someone's basement out of...I don't even know. My eyes refuse to behold it. It's more like holding in vomit. I'm exaggerating, but you get it.

May 25, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #5,359 of 6,112

blink.gif

Changing the outer layer of a material changes the most important aspect of it, it's dampening properties. This can result in a very different signature.

May 25, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #5,360 of 6,112
     Getting spray paint on the driver could affect its performance. But that won't happen with ColorWare lol. Also, changing any acoustic material from rough to glossy will affect its acoustic characteristics.
   Yuck. You crazy, Alchemist? The TakeT looks like it was made in someone's basement out of...I don't even know. My eyes refuse to behold it. It's more like holding in vomit. I'm exaggerating, but you get it.

I think it looks like mindblowingly awesome alien technology!
tongue.gif

Changing the outer layer of a material changes the most important aspect of it, it's dampening properties. This can result in a very different signature.

I'll need to see conclusive proof before taking this claim seriously. We're talking about the outside of a headphone, not the inside. Especially with just a different color paint, this claim seems ridiculous to me.

May 25, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #5,361 of 6,112

tongue.gif

I'll need to see conclusive proof before taking this claim seriously. We're talking about the outside of a headphone, not the inside. Especially with just a different color paint, this claim seems ridiculous to me.

The material on the inside and outside of the cups resonates at different frequencies. 

I cannot demonstrate if this affects what one hears, but it can be demonstrated with very good microphones, probably the differences are minor.

Going from glossy to mate affects the surface tension of a material, this affects damening, and as we are discussing an open headphone, it will change the sound, but i do not know if for the better or for worse, neither i know if a human is able to tell the differences.

YKYAAW you ask yourself such things
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #5,362 of 6,112
tongue.gif

I think that the HD800 looks like mindblowingly awesome alien technology! It literally looks like flying saucers on your head. Speaking of HD800..
Sennheiser has joined with Beats to finally make a headphone that looks good, because nothing says good looks like low-quality, glossy, neon-colored plastic.

May 26, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #5,363 of 6,112
I think that the HD800 looks like mindblowingly awesome alien technology! It literally looks like flying saucers on your head. Speaking of HD800..
Sennheiser has joined with Beats to finally make a headphone that looks good, because nothing says good looks like low-quality, glossy, neon-colored plastic.

Say bye to build quality.

May 26, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #5,364 of 6,112
YKYAAW your friends come to you, asking to borrow CDs to find new music

Lead singer of my band is borrowing 4 CDs a day to find new stuff she likes. Loves The Strokes apparently, which is awesome. 

YKYAAW you spend another night ripping CDs

1 more to go, then I have to rearrange all my music on my X1 and stuff; having everything in FLAC so it's smaller in size, but I'm also adding and taking off stuff at the same time

May 26, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #5,366 of 6,112
  Lead singer of my band is borrowing 4 CDs a day to find new stuff she likes.

I always wanted a band with a female vocalist.

What style is your band? Got any recordings to share?

Ever heard Lacuna Coil and Tristania? They're gothic metal bands with female (and also male) vocalists.

YKYAA when you know the listening room dimensions of all equipment reviewers from Stereophile and The Absolute Sound.

Now that is hardcore.

I finally passed you in the 30 day post records, by the way.
cool.gif

May 26, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #5,369 of 6,112
Originally Posted by TRapz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YKYAAW your friends come to you, asking to borrow CDs to find new music Lead singer of my band is borrowing 4 CDs a day to find new stuff she likes. Loves The Strokes apparently, which is awesome.

My sister likes The Strokes. But I never listened to them =O!
The only music trading I do is one song at a time with a classmate of mine, lol. We just write down one song and trade.

Here's a great new wave band my sister introduced me to. Nice female singing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHbaBLpyZng

May 27, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #5,370 of 6,112

What style is your band? Got any recordings to share?

Ever heard Lacuna Coil and Tristania? They're gothic metal bands with female (and also male) vocalists.

"Band." We've had no more than 3 practices so far, and we've just been trying to get covers down. All sorts of rock, Beatles, Guns n' Roses, Blink-182. We got our guitarist just this past winter, and haven't had much time to do anything cause of school and other stuff. Our guitarist is dead set on doing prog rock (which I like), but nobody other than me and him are really into it. Thing is he's a great guitarist with good gear, a drum set (I don't own my own because I have no space or money), and practice space. We all wanted to do stuff like Green Day, punk rock kind of stuff, before the guitarist joined, so meh. No recordings yet (only ones we have are of instruments), but hopefully this summer we'll get things fixed up.

Have not heard of those bands, may give them a listen tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back