You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
May 14, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #5,237 of 6,112
YKYAAW you ordered new headphones today 
Audio Technica IM70's. )Just a lower cost pair of headphones, as I needed a pair of IEMs for portable stuff and still wanted decent sound quality.) 
ksc75smile.gif
etysmile.gif

May 15, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #5,238 of 6,112
YKYAAW you decide to get rid of your favorite headphone a second time to try and find something even better.

(I haven't put up an ad yet, but if anyone wants my Focal Spirit Professional for $200 + fees, message me!)

May 15, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #5,241 of 6,112

Dang! That's hardcore.

So are you planning on buying the HIFIMAN HE1000? I might buy it from a friend next month, if I have the money.

I am :) I actually placed a pre-order already for one...

May 15, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #5,242 of 6,112
I was over at the Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 Uber thread when it dawned on me:
   You know you're an audiophile when you are so humble to say that the difference between equipment is very small. In your vast experience purchasing expensive gear, you got an idea of diminishing returns. You buy more expensive stuff even though you don't know that it's improving the sound you get.
   Or are you an audiophile? Perhaps you're too humble. Perhaps there is a big difference, and that's why you're paying the big bucks. But you're ashamed; You were fine with the KSC75 out of your ipod. Why can't you go back to those simple days, and just love the music?

Originally Posted by VisceriousZERO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YKYAAW your local dealer wants some help in setting up a hi-fi headphone section to be named after you!

Awh, isn't that neat. You're not just an average audiophile/Head-Fier.

Originally Posted by Music Alchemist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(I haven't put up an ad yet, but if anyone wants my Focal Spirit Professional for $200 + fees, message me!)

You know you're an audiophile when you use the 'You Know You're An Audiophile When' thread to sell your equipment.

May 15, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #5,244 of 6,112
Just putting it out there for my buddies!

YKYAAW you have buddies in the audiophile world. I think I could make a YKYAAW about anything.
But still, nice going.
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #5,246 of 6,112
Did you read this thread back when people made posts saying "You know you're a Music Alchemist fan when..."? XD

=O I missed out on that. Does it mean that I'm not a Music Alchemist fan?

May 16, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #5,249 of 6,112
YKYAAW you're a Music Alchemist fan

YKYAAW a great day consists of getting new CDs and a 45, as well as new headphones

Grado SR80i wewt! $80 used from an audio store nearby, got to try them out first with my own source and the staff were very helpful.

Edit: These are the last headphones I'll be buying for a while; now what will I do with my life? Now I'll search for amps...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back