You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
May 4, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #5,177 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you see that a headphone company likes many of the same bands as you on Facebook (Grado- making me want to buy the SR80e more and more!)

I saw your thread related to Grado and asking for help. :)

I'm hesitant to buy any Grados because I know they're bright and not audiophile headphones, even though some of them are said to sound great with rock and metal.

May 4, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #5,178 of 6,112

I'm hesitant to buy any Grados because I know they're bright and not audiophile headphones, even though some of them are said to sound great with rock and metal.

I'm 99% sure I want the SR80e, and I'm really pumped to get them. New gear (and especially well-regarded new gear) is very exciting.

My grandfather said when I go down to see him next weekend we'll get me a birthday present; maybe that means I can choose? 
tongue.gif

YKYAAW your most exciting birthday gift is audio gear

May 4, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #5,179 of 6,112

My headphones (AT - ESW9) aren't necessarily audiophile headphones. They're closed back woodies, they're accurate, but still warmer and fun headphones. Clarity is important, but I also do enjoy when headphones are built for you to enjoy them rather than focusing 100% on clarity you know? I definitely want to buy a pair of Grados at some point. But a pair of IEMs, CDs, and a DAP come first.

YKYAAW you clean your ears once a week, because you don't want to have a single bit of music get lost in your wax.

May 4, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #5,180 of 6,112
My headphones (AT - ESW9) aren't necessarily audiophile headphones. They're closed back woodies, they're accurate, but still warmer and fun headphones. Clarity is important, but I also do enjoy when headphones are built for you to enjoy them rather than focusing 100% on clarity you know? I definitely want to buy a pair of Grados at some point. But a pair of IEMs, CDs, and a DAP come first.

YKYAAW you want to focus on audiophile headphones first, then "fun" headphones later.
tongue.gif

(How is it accurate if it's also warmer and fun?)

May 4, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #5,183 of 6,112
YKYAAW you stay up late to wait for the Grado Limited Edition headphone release (it's been more than two hours, where is it? 
frown.gif
)

Maybe it'll be cheap enough for me to afford! 
tongue.gif

May 5, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #5,185 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you have multiple copies of the same album from different CD production batches

I actually did this with some albums which had a very different sound. Even more so with hapanese releases vs other countries, i had observed that japanese like to do a remaster of certain albums.
  YKYAAW you see that a headphone company likes many of the same bands as you on Facebook (Grado- making me want to buy the SR80e more and more!)

Had you actually listened to sr-80?

I had listened to some grados myself, the more you add to the price, the better they become. But as @Music Alchemist said, Grado does not have a linear response by nature. They are coloured and have a unique nice sound, but you might miss some frequencies. 

No investor is going to care about some random thread on a forum, man. No idea why you are seeking a private investor, anyway. Crowdfunding has far greater potential. Just research it, like I said.

I researched it, and found more problems with it than good points. First, all data i introduce in there is lost. So, i cannot disclose UI nor the algorithm, people would be funding just the fact that i do a new application. i cannot tell more. Second, i do not have a facebook account. Nor a youtube popular channel. Nor a whatever account. Besides head-fi, i have a newgrounds account to keep ads away, a yahoo and linkedin. None of these have more than 100 contancts in them. As i understood crowdfunding works amazingly when you have lots of contacts, from which lots of them can donate to your cause. 

On the other hand, i might sport an elegant video and try to reach out there, but i still have no ideea how. What i am curious about is how to do it wihtout featuring too much information about the project, copyrights told me to not post betas, the product can be stolen, without anything to be done if i release anything before the first official release. 

If you would have the time, i am interested in this thing, and if you want to help me. Sorry, but i simply am spending so much time working at the code itself, and designing features, and user interface, that i cannot really see financial part straight. I know that you are right and corwfunding is way better for a project, after thinking a while, but... i really do not know how to do it and have even a little success, as i start with 0 founds right now.

May 5, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #5,186 of 6,112
There is now a potential competitor around the price range of the SR80e actually. The xiaomi Mi headphones, which are also open backed, came out for a very similar price, and looking at the performance of their Xiaomi Piston 2, which is an absolute bargain for its price, this Xiaomi Mi headphone has the potential to shine. I'm just waiting for the reviews from trusted reviewers to start flowing in.

May 5, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #5,187 of 6,112
I researched it, and found more problems with it than good points. First, all data i introduce in there is lost. So, i cannot disclose UI nor the algorithm, people would be funding just the fact that i do a new application. i cannot tell more. Second, i do not have a facebook account. Nor a youtube popular channel. Nor a whatever account. Besides head-fi, i have a newgrounds account to keep ads away, a yahoo and linkedin. None of these have more than 100 contancts in them. As i understood crowdfunding works amazingly when you have lots of contacts, from which lots of them can donate to your cause.   
On the other hand, i might sport an elegant video and try to reach out there, but i still have no ideea how. What i am curious about is how to do it wihtout featuring too much information about the project, copyrights told me to not post betas, the product can be stolen, without anything to be done if i release anything before the first official release. 

If you would have the time, i am interested in this thing, and if you want to help me. Sorry, but i simply am spending so much time working at the code itself, and designing features, and user interface, that i cannot really see financial part straight. I know that you are right and corwfunding is way better for a project, after thinking a while, but... i really do not know how to do it and have even a little success, as i start with 0 founds right now.

You must have not researched it much, then. I suggest doing serious research on the topic. You don't need to give away your sensitive/confidential info; you just need to explain what the software does and why people should be interested. You don't need contacts. This is the Internet! Countless people can see your crowdfunding campaign if you do things right.

May 5, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #5,188 of 6,112

You must have not researched it much, then. I suggest doing serious research on the topic. You don't need to give away your sensitive/confidential info; you just need to explain what the software does and why people should be interested. You don't need contacts. This is the Internet! Countless people can see your crowdfunding campaign if you do things right.

This is the part i am unable to do. 

I composed my entire project to be up for a crowdfunding. 

I am going to make a short video presentation very soon, i am designing the video ideea now.

I just do not know how to make countless people see my campaign. i have no facebook, or any other social media site account other than head-fi. I cannot do research, math, listen to music, develop, work, learn, and have time to stay around facebook. 

If there is any way for me to get help to make more people see my campaign, and you can help me with this, i can totally produce results. I just have zero ideea where to start with this. the rest are already done. As i kind of forseen that a normal investor would not want to invest in my project, i already developed crowdfunding basis. 

Now, how to spread the word? post link to viral videos? post the link on /b/? post the link everywhere i can? okay, i can do this, but it might still not attract the attention i want it to, it needs to attract rich, people who are interested in helping me.

I am looking forward to your help, if you can help me, without wasting too much of your time. 

May 5, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #5,189 of 6,112
  This is the part i am unable to do. 

I composed my entire project to be up for a crowdfunding. 

I am going to make a short video presentation very soon, i am designing the video ideea now.

I just do not know how to make countless people see my campaign. i have no facebook, or any other social media site account other than head-fi. I cannot do research, math, listen to music, develop, work, learn, and have time to stay around facebook. 

If there is any way for me to get help to make more people see my campaign, and you can help me with this, i can totally produce results. I just have zero ideea where to start with this. the rest are already done. As i kind of forseen that a normal investor would not want to invest in my project, i already developed crowdfunding basis. 

Now, how to spread the word? post link to viral videos? post the link on /b/? post the link everywhere i can? okay, i can do this, but it might still not attract the attention i want it to, it needs to attract rich, people who are interested in helping me.

I am looking forward to your help, if you can help me, without wasting too much of your time. 

I don't have time and am not an expert on the subject anyway. I would recommend learning from this: http://www.crowdfundcode.com

May 5, 2015 at 1:14 PM Post #5,190 of 6,112

I don't have time and am not an expert on the subject anyway. I would recommend learning from this: http://www.crowdfundcode.com

Okay. I am sorry, i know that sometimes i am a bother.

I managed to create a blog. If this attract sufficient traffic, all should be good, it needs time to grow, i think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back