You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
May 7, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #5,198 of 6,112
You know you're a narcissistic audiophile when it saddens you that Head-Fi changed the Reputation feature so you can no longer see who liked or commented on posts.

You know you're an audiophile when.....wait what? Yggdrasil??

lol. Reminds me of a post of mine from three weeks ago:

This monstrous angel of a DAC is only in its infancy, yet is already so powerful.
tongue_smile.gif

And since I'm making anime references here, here is a pic of Yggdrasil in an anime:

May 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM Post #5,199 of 6,112
  You know you're a narcissistic audiophile when it saddens you that Head-Fi changed the Reputation feature so you can no longer see who liked or commented on posts.

lol. Reminds me of a post of mine from three weeks ago:

I wish i could ever consider an yggdrasil, but it has this downside, that i would have to buy without listening, and it costs a lot for something one could buy without listening first.

May 7, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #5,200 of 6,112
  I wish i could ever consider an yggdrasil, but it has this downside, that i would have to buy without listening, and it costs a lot for something one could buy without listening first.

It has an upside: nearly everyone who hears it says it is by far the best they've heard, so whenever your budget is way higher, you might as well get it!
biggrin.gif

...But I thought you were looking for portable setups?

May 7, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #5,202 of 6,112

It has an upside: nearly everyone who hears it says it is by far the best they've heard, so whenever your budget is way higher, you might as well get it!
biggrin.gif

I was... now that my project is becoming more and more serious, i might as well get into desktop setups.. 

i will need more revealing hardware, and more good hardware to test with, and yggdrasil seems like one of the best setups, even more as it has a particular technology for which i need to optimize my software. 

Someone who owns yggdrasil would want to squezee the last drop of performance by software, right/?

May 7, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #5,203 of 6,112

biggrin.gif

Other upside is resale value of Schiit is pretty high & stable :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back