You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Feb 9, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #61 of 6,112
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you start getting pissed when the huge speakers used for outdoor events don't reach your level of expectations.

Haha, so true. Good PA speakers are *very* expensive, and even then they will not reach the level of detail that one is used to from headphones. I run local dance events and have started to hate the speakers that I have, but I can't justify the huge cost to upgrade (nor the extra weight that I would have to lug around). 

Feb 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #62 of 6,112
When you consider taking headphones to a date in case it goes sour and you need some good tunes afterwards.
(not actually me, no date here :frowning2: )

Feb 10, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #67 of 6,112
YKYAA when "just one more song" never is.

Also, YKYAA when you frequently use an unholy combination of Decca's classical catalog site, the 30 second previews on Amazon, and YouTube to figure out what the music you hear in various places is and which performances you like best.

Feb 10, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #68 of 6,112
When you see a guy is selling a bunch of headphones with box and receipt for dirt cheap, and you consider cancelling you ski trip with your girlfriend and friends just so you can afford to buy a whole bunch of them..

Here are the prices i just converted them to USD so you can see this amazing chance i'm probably letting by and just for reference the HD600 is $467 in Europe alone

Feb 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #69 of 6,112
At first I was thinking those were only "ok" prices, but I guess in Europe the pricing is different. 

Feb 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #71 of 6,112
Quote:
YKYAA when all of your home audio components have vacuum tubes, your car stereo amp have vacuum tubes and your portable headphone amp have vacuum tubes.

Does your vacuum have vacuum tubes?

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #74 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when... you hold your breath during the quiet parts of the song, because your breathing will disrupt the music. 

Feb 11, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #75 of 6,112
YKYAA when you try not to smile during a beautiful passage of the song because you will lose the seal on your IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back