1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last
  1. Armaegis
    Quote:

Haha, so true. Good PA speakers are *very* expensive, and even then they will not reach the level of detail that one is used to from headphones. I run local dance events and have started to hate the speakers that I have, but I can't justify the huge cost to upgrade (nor the extra weight that I would have to lug around). 

2. AHorseNamedJeff
    When you consider taking headphones to a date in case it goes sour and you need some good tunes afterwards.
    (not actually me, no date here :frowning2: )

3. Vlooienuker
    When you spend 10 hours a day with your favourite headphones and IEMs and you can tell a huge different between them yet your friends say they sound the same and beats are better.

Puretfp likes this.
  4. carma143
    You know you're an audiophile when all your friends turn up at Head-Fi Meets.

5. wuwhere Contributor
    YKYAA when you're told your gift will be a Rolex gold watch but you told them you want a Cello Palette preamp instead ($6500 new back then, a true story BTW).

6. Noobmachine
    YKYAA when you get irritated when people aren't impressed with your HP's. 

Also when you have to lie about the cost of all your gear to make you appear sane :D

Lowapproach and briancvrrbs like this.
  7. Argyris Contributor
    YKYAA when "just one more song" never is.

Also, YKYAA when you frequently use an unholy combination of Decca's classical catalog site, the 30 second previews on Amazon, and YouTube to figure out what the music you hear in various places is and which performances you like best.

8. Kimx2310
    When you see a guy is selling a bunch of headphones with box and receipt for dirt cheap, and you consider cancelling you ski trip with your girlfriend and friends just so you can afford to buy a whole bunch of them..

Here are the prices i just converted them to USD so you can see this amazing chance i'm probably letting by and just for reference the HD600 is $467 in Europe alone

Damnyougod.png

9. Armaegis
    At first I was thinking those were only "ok" prices, but I guess in Europe the pricing is different. 

10. wuwhere Contributor
    YKYAA when all of your home audio components have vacuum tubes, your car stereo amp have vacuum tubes and your portable headphone amp have vacuum tubes.

11. wolfetan44
    Quote:
    Does your vacuum have vacuum tubes?

12. wuwhere Contributor
    Quote:

No, yours does?

13. wolfetan44
    Quote:
    Hell yeah.

14. Armaegis
    You know you're an audiophile when... you hold your breath during the quiet parts of the song, because your breathing will disrupt the music. 

Deftone likes this.
  15. nikkojames15
    YKYAA when you try not to smile during a beautiful passage of the song because you will lose the seal on your IEMs

Deftone likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Next

Last