You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Feb 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #46 of 6,112
Yea, you can do that Hifiman
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #47 of 6,112
YKYAA when you're watching jeapordy and you think of questions for an audiophile category. "this Japanese company was the first in the world to introduce Electrostatic headphones, and is considered by many to be the best" "uhhh, what is Stax Earspeakers?" :D feel free to join in.

Feb 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #48 of 6,112
Quote:
YKYAA when you're watching jeapordy and you think of questions for an audiophile category. "this Japanese company was the first in the world to introduce Electrostatic headphones, and is considered by many to be the best" "uhhh, what is Stax Earspeakers?"
biggrin.gif
feel free to join in.

1.What is the company that produces the only headphone with ring radiator dynamic drivers?
2.What headphone company has the same name as a product of potato chips produced by Lays?
3.What company has its products have the same short form name as a popular display technology?
4.What headphone company also makes sushi rice processing machines?
5.What headphone lineup series is the most generally hated here?
6.What company made the product: Surrounder ?
7.What is the most expensive headphone in the world?
8.What is the (or was the) most hyped mid tier headphone in head-fi?
9.What headphone is regarded to have the 'best bass' in the audiophile community?
10.What is the the most popularly mentioned budget portable amplifier brand?
11.What headphone is 'typical headfier Andy' wearing?
12.Which moderator of head-fi is generally associated with fear?

1.Sennheiser
2.Stax
3.Audeze
4.Audio Technica
5.Beats
6.Sennheiser
7.Final Audio Muramasa VIII
8.Audio Technica M50
9.Audeze LCD3
12.Fiio
11.Jecklin Float
12.Currawong

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #49 of 6,112
Audio technica makes sushi machines? I thought that questions answer was Yamaha... Also, we could get a bunch of really good questions (no opinions/ head-fi exclusive stuff) and submit it to jeopardy.

Feb 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #50 of 6,112
This was the most expensive headphone ever produced, using a special amplifier for its electrostatic drivers. Only 300 were produced.

What is the Sennheiser HE90 (or Orpheus)

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #51 of 6,112
Quote:
Audio technica makes sushi machines? I thought that questions answer was Yamaha... Also, we could get a bunch of really good questions (no opinions/ head-fi exclusive stuff) and submit it to jeopardy.

Quote:
This was the most expensive headphone ever produced, using a special amplifier for its electrostatic drivers. Only 300 were produced.

What is the Sennheiser HE90 (or Orpheus)

autech -> http://www.autec-usa.com/ (i laughed quite a bit when i saw the back of the machine at work, and it said 'blablabla model, audio technica corp')
also thle HE90 alone costs $6500 while the Muramasa VII costs $8000. only the HE90 + HEV90 combo costs the familiar $12000 - $15000
oh wait nevermind, i guess it is a rather bad question as the price may fluctuate.

side note: i wonder if the jeopardy cometies would take us seriously lol

Feb 8, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #52 of 6,112
They could. I mean, there's tons of random stuff on there, like urban dictionary was on yesterday. If we sent in questions like the ones I said, and some of the factual ones (like the audio technica one) they probably would take it seriously.

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #53 of 6,112
Quote:
They could. I mean, there's tons of random stuff on there, like urban dictionary was on yesterday. If we sent in questions like the ones I said, and some of the factual ones (like the audio technica one) they probably would take it seriously.

sounds like its worth a try, anyone wants to try and contact them?

Feb 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #54 of 6,112
I say we get around 10 REALLY good questions together first, and then we think about contacting them.
"this company was the first to make consumer style dynamic driver headphones"
"what is beyerdynamic?"

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #55 of 6,112
I've already given my 12, and uhh what is the answer to the first question?

Ah another one, the thunderpants headphone is actually a modlified what?

Feb 9, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #56 of 6,112
Quote:
I've already given my 12, and uhh what is the answer to the first question?

Ah another one, the thunderpants headphone is actually a modlified what?

Fostex T50RP
redface.gif
. Come on, lets not get this thread closed guys.

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #58 of 6,112
Quote:
you know you are an audiophile when you measure your money in headphones.

I've been doing that with the LCD-3. Currently, its 1/20th of a LCD-3
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #59 of 6,112
Quote:
I say we get around 10 REALLY good questions together first, and then we think about contacting them.
"this company was the first to make consumer style dynamic driver headphones"
"what is beyerdynamic?"

Maybe one of the biggest names in headphone market in europe? Its in the league of sennheiser and grado and the like. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #60 of 6,112
You know you're an audiophile when you start getting pissed when the huge speakers used for outdoor events don't reach your level of expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back