You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jan 6, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #3,751 of 6,112
Wow, how ironic that you guys said these things now. I ate too much today. Even worse, the money I spent on groceries means that I need to make a little extra to afford the $300 Schiit stack. I usually don't eat a lot, but even when I do, I don't gain weight. I'm skinny and have weighed the same for years.

I'm still young (nearing 13) I eat a crap ton but I never seem to gain a lot of weight!

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:26 PM Post #3,752 of 6,112
YKYAAW you listen on your computer (this time with V-MODA Audio Only Cable instead of stock cable) and realize that it actually has overall better sound quality than your old iPod classic! Sounds much more natural, albeit a little less dynamic. (I guess the sibilant stock cable was really getting in the way.) Even more unexpected: iTunes sounds better to me than foobar2000!

So the upcoming Audeze EL-8 seems interesting.

It will be $699, yet they say this:

The EL-8 is possessed of the world's most advanced planar magnetic technology with sound quality unheard of in this or any other price category. 

Makes it seem like it's better than their more expensive models or something. XD

There will also be a closed-back version.

If I wasn't getting speakers next, the EL-8 would be a pretty enticing upgrade.

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #3,753 of 6,112
well, if it is going to have more soundstage than the other models, and not be so heavy, i might be interested. audeze in general was too heavy to get comfortable..

YKYAAW you feel a little sad because your iems given up, even though you never really liked them, you are still missing them. well, my ie8 always had too much bass, but they were still fun to listen to.

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #3,754 of 6,112
  well, if it is going to have more soundstage than the other models, and not be so heavy, i might be interested. audeze in general was too heavy to get comfortable..

Here is some rough weight data.

EL-8: 460g
EL-8 closed-back: 480g
LCD-2, LCD-3: 550g (without cable)
LCD-X: ~600g (without cable)

So yes, it's lighter.

Jan 6, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #3,755 of 6,112

YKYAAW... It's perfectly normal to have accumulated electronics sitting on your desk that are worth more than your car...cost new.

The second rig was one I spotted in Tokyo. The other pictures speak for the state of madness on my desk.

A C4 bomb successfully planted! Eargasm in 3...2...1...  lol 

Have you posted this somewhere before? I think I saw this awhile ago

Yup. Posted it here and in the Facebook HF group, which sent everyone crazy. If I can find some suitably-sized rubber bands, I'll demo this as my Canjam rig for fun.

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:12 PM Post #3,756 of 6,112
YKYAAW you connect a portable amp to your laptop to take the audio of music and videos to a whole 'nother level! The difference with the amp is much more apparent on the computer than with portable devices I've used. It's gonna be far better once the Schiit Magni 2 Uber and Sennheiser headphones come in!

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #3,757 of 6,112
I wonder why some people say that smartphone audio is better than computer audio. In my own experience, that is not true. My computer has always sounded better than all the high end phones i have, with the midrange being the main huge improvement over phones

Jan 6, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #3,758 of 6,112
I wonder why some people say that smartphone audio is better than computer audio. In my own experience, that is not true. My computer has always sounded better than all the high end phones i have, with the midrange being the main huge improvement over phones

Probably because many people confuse colored audio with high fidelity audio sometimes. Happens to the best of us.

Jan 7, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #3,760 of 6,112

Yup. Posted it here and in the Facebook HF group, which sent everyone crazy. If I can find some suitably-sized rubber bands, I'll demo this as my Canjam rig for fun.

so... can i ask this, just for the heck of it?.. you have an x5, connected via coax out to a chord hugo.  this should give the best sound. what purpose have the rest?
can the sound of x5 -> chord hugo be improoved by any means?

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #3,761 of 6,112
Jan 7, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #3,763 of 6,112
YKYAAW when u set the gear in that photo as ur lifelong ambition, and to also get ur desk even more cluttered than that

Jan 7, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #3,764 of 6,112
YKYAAW when u set the gear in that photo as ur lifelong ambition, and to also get ur desk even more cluttered than that

YKYAAW portable gear doesn't interest you that much anymore and you want the best desktop gear, but you also wonder how $1K, $10K, and $100K components compare to each other in terms of sound quality. Now I'm off to wait in the living room for my HD 590s! =D

Jan 8, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #3,765 of 6,112
YKYAAW antonym of Warm is thin. 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back