You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jan 4, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #3,736 of 6,112
Ykyaaw your coworker hits you with "you should get beats, they're the best. They have the most bass" and your response is a smile and a "I'll teach you Monday, son"
Velour padded MDR v7 < topping nx1 < rockboxed sansa clip +9db bass freqs -9db everything else. This gonna be fun, especially since the whole setup costs less than a pair of beats. And yes, a fiio e6 would have done better for this but what can you do. Now if only I can get him to appreciate the other 19750hz we might have a convert

I dunno...I have that amp and the boosted bass EQ setting drowns everything out, at least when I tried it.

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #3,737 of 6,112
YKYAAW you think about your future life. Your wife must:
1) Love audio
2) Eat nothing (more $$$ for audio gear)
3) Want nothing (more $$$ for audio gear)
4) Never sleeps (keep track of sales of gear)

Good food + Good Music is better to me... but yeah... I eat a lot... 

Jan 5, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #3,738 of 6,112
YKYAAW... It's perfectly normal to have accumulated electronics sitting on your desk that are worth more than your car...cost new.

The second rig was one I spotted in Tokyo. The other pictures speak for the state of madness on my desk.

Jan 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM Post #3,739 of 6,112
^omg u tie so many DAPs, DACs and amps in one huge bundle with so many interconnects

Jan 5, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #3,740 of 6,112
  YKYAAW... It's perfectly normal to have accumulated electronics sitting on your desk that are worth more than your car...cost new.

The second rig was one I spotted in Tokyo. The other pictures speak for the state of madness on my desk.

I'm glad the word "portable" was nowhere to be found in that post. Can't imagine trying to carry that around. XD

Jan 5, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #3,741 of 6,112

Lol... Insane! I love it.

Jan 5, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #3,743 of 6,112
hearing is more sensitive if hungry, hearing is much more music if you eat the good amount of food, and balanced meal, hearing is muffled but more fun if you eat more sugar in general, and hearing is muffled and not fun if you eat too much... these are not my thoughts, but resoults of lots of medical knowledge and evolution

so... 

if you want to be a true audiophile you should not eat too much, and you should eat balanced, as this brings the best in music...

Jan 5, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #3,744 of 6,112
I like food but I don't really stuff myself. I'm kinda on the skin and bones side.

hearing is more sensitive if hungry, hearing is much more music if you eat the good amount of food, and balanced meal, hearing is muffled but more fun if you eat more sugar in general, and hearing is muffled and not fun if you eat too much... these are not my thoughts, but resoults of lots of medical knowledge and evolution

so... 

if you want to be a true audiophile you should not eat too much, and you should eat balanced, as this brings the best in music...

Wow, how ironic that you guys said these things now. I ate too much today. Even worse, the money I spent on groceries means that I need to make a little extra to afford the $300 Schiit stack. I usually don't eat a lot, but even when I do, I don't gain weight. I'm skinny and have weighed the same for years.

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #3,745 of 6,112
Wow, how ironic that you guys said these things now. I ate too much today. Even worse, the money I spent on groceries means that I need to make a little extra to afford the $300 Schiit stack. I usually don't eat a lot, but even when I do, I don't gain weight. I'm skinny and have weighed the same for years.

Yay for high metabolism! Except I can eat pounds of food a day. I'd say that I eat in excess of 5,000 calories a day, and I'm just athletic, not an ounce of fat.

YKYAAW you refuse to eat food while you're listening to music, lest the chewing sound interrupt the rad noise in your head.

Jan 6, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #3,746 of 6,112

A C4 bomb successfully planted! Eargasm in 3...2...1...  lol 

Have you posted this somewhere before? I think I saw this awhile ago

I like food but I don't really stuff myself. I'm kinda on the skin and bones side.

I tried... to be fat. But the moment I get sick I loss tons of weight. In fact, I can be underweight the moment I fall sick badly. 

^+1. I tried to eat as much but gain little weight. 

Jan 6, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #3,747 of 6,112
YKYAAW you are tempted to beg members of this thread to buy just one of your items so you can afford the Schiit Modi 2 Uber instead of the normal Modi 2.
tongue.gif

I'm definitely getting the Magni 2 Uber. If I go with the Modi 2, I could order it right now and have it shipped quickly; if I go with the Modi 2 Uber, I would have to save up a bit more and wait 5-7 days for them to ship the package out. Decisions, decisions...

Edit: I just ordered the Magni 2 Uber and Modi 2!

Jan 6, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #3,748 of 6,112
YKYAAW sit down on your bed and notice you're surrounded by audio stuff 

1. New FiiO E1!
  2. iPod Touch 4
  3. FiiO X1
  4. Shure SE215
  5. Shure SRH440
  6. AT-LP60-USB
  7. Speakers
  8. Portable CD Player
  9. At-home CD Player
  10. At-home CD Player #2
  11. Records
  12. CDs
  13. Music posters/your Beatles shrine

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #3,750 of 6,112
Yay for high metabolism! Except I can eat pounds of food a day. I'd say that I eat in excess of 5,000 calories a day, and I'm just athletic, not an ounce of fat.

YKYAAW you refuse to eat food while you're listening to music, lest the chewing sound interrupt the rad noise in your head.

Beware! I was an epic trencherman who never put on an ounce. I'd get up from a big meal and make a sandwich, then go all vulture on the remains of the roast.

Then, sometime between the age of 20 and 30, it started to have the effect that's supposed to happen. And, by God, it happened fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back