very_evil_smiley.gif

I thought they sounded good
confused_face(1).gif

Jan 19, 2010 at 12:34 PM Post #107 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by z50j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the dumb idiot...

SOLOs are never used in music videos... STUDIOs are the one used

but don't mock Monster headphones, they're the same people that made the turbines

Actually the solos are used in music videos, they are all used in different music videos. I think it was Lady Gaga - Paparazzi that had the solos at the beginning.

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #109 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by mildewonrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually the solos are used in music videos, they are all used in different music videos. I think it was Lady Gaga - Paparazzi that had the solos at the beginning.

those are actually the studios, look closer
wink_face.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:34 AM Post #110 of 145
Quote:

Originally Posted by MC_CrotchStabber /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually they are a good sounding headphone. Whats up with all you guys?? have you even listened to them

The problem is that we have also listened to other decent headphones; most people who fawn over the beats have not.

Feb 2, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #111 of 145
Anyone trying out the solo's without letting them break in will come to the conclusion that they sound muddy , Give them 50 hours or so before you make up your mind , I would compare the sound to my Westone Um2's with a little extra punch at the bottom end . If you like the sound of the Um 2's you will like the solo's for sure .

Feb 2, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #114 of 145
i went to best buy to buy some camera that was on sale and i tested them out pretty bad i loved the make it loud button, i hope people don't play at the loudness had to hold them off my head they were so loud.

Feb 3, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #115 of 145
I tried the studios at the apple store once, I would call it decent at best, I'd say they are worth maybe $150-180 if you factor in the built in amp. I can understand how he can think these are one of the best headphones ever if he is upgrading from iBuds
tongue.gif

Feb 3, 2010 at 6:05 PM Post #116 of 145
Hi, this is my first post lol.I have been watching this thread and for awhile now and allot of negative comments on the solos sooo.....I just got the solo's yesterday and i can tell you for now they are for bass heads.

Sound

I am a bass head my self but, the nice accurate bass and theirs muddy bass. These have muddy bass and drowns out the mid end and i can barley hear the top end. I used to have Grado SR80 and SR225 they both cost less and they sound better. I was kinda disappointed but, i decided to keep them for 29 of the 30 days (return policy) and burn them in. I will post the progress as i will do an all day burn in using this site: Burn-in wave files: white noise, pink noise, frequency sweep, channel mix and various of other music including rest periods. I would say 50 hrs of burn in but, will keep listening periodically, to listen to the quality. 3/5

Design

I think the design is really good imo. I like the foggy black finish. The design makes it comfortable for long time.Also, the detachable cable is great and i like where the call button is. The design is looks and comfort and i like that.
4/5

Construction

This would have been a kick ass pair of headphones if the construction was good. The design aspect was really good but, you gotta have the construction to back it up. I personally don't like metal on plastic because, metal is stronger than plastic and metal will overtime wear down the plastic and eventually fail. That's what the hinges are metal and plastic. It should be either metal on metal or plastic on plastic,that's where i see they snap and that's why they fail. The plastic they use is really cheap and the metal is not cnc, it's stamped which is crap. Honestly, if they stuck to plastic, a it would be cheaper which = product is cheaper and lasting longer. Also there is a gap on top of the headset on the ends of the left and right. 2.5/5

Packaging

Now, i am going to say this...the packaging is very nice it's perfect but, you gotta back up the product when you got nice packaging like that. I can give two ****s about the packaging. Heck, it could come in some plastic packaging for all i care but, a nice packaging has got to back up the hardware not the other way around. I didn't pay for the box i wanted the hardware. Unfortunately, to say 5/5 for the packaging.

Conclusion

For the price, not worth it. I'd pay $125 at the most for them. The reason i wanted them is:

A: they were compact and delivered the bass.
B: The cable was to die for
C: I like the design

If i could buy the damm cable separately, I would rather get the cable and use the shure's or any high end headphone that takes the cable input.

I will update this post as the days go by....
biggrin.gif

Feb 4, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #120 of 145
^ AHAHAHA, ive never seen the specs on chart before for the beats, thats awesome >
biggrin.gif

seriously, monster. I've a question to ask you. Why do you insist on screwing over your buyers with all your products? Doesn't this bother you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back