Yanyin Discussion thread
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:00 AM Post #2,281 of 2,418
Found another yputuber with the Canon 2. He says its Fun and Happy tuning and he love it. Checked with him, no driver flex anymore.

I just missed the Linsoul voucher offer 😪 sad
All these joyful settings depend on a lot - on music, player, recording quality, headphones. I am glad that Canon 2 did not raise the price, as in the case of Moonlight Ultra, where for an additional 2 settings switches and 2 EST, the price of headphones was raised twice.

Jun 16, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #2,282 of 2,418
All these joyful settings depend on a lot - on music, player, recording quality, headphones. I am glad that Canon 2 did not raise the price, as in the case of Moonlight Ultra, where for an additional 2 settings switches and 2 EST, the price of headphones was raised twice.
The Canon OG was amazing as I am sure the C2 is as well, I just think they are not as competitive as they should be.
I haven't heard the new C2 but right now I am listening to the new ISN Neo5 and its better than Canon OG and pretty damn amazing at $279 for $100 less the new Canon better have some super special sauce to beat this one!

Attachments

• 20230615_162041.jpg
    20230615_162041.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230615_161813.jpg
    20230615_161813.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Jun 16, 2023 at 12:47 AM Post #2,283 of 2,418
The Canon OG was amazing as I am sure the C2 is as well, I just think they are not as competitive as they should be.
I haven't heard the new C2 but right now I am listening to the new ISN Neo5 and its better than Canon OG and pretty damn amazing at $279 for $100 less the new Canon better have some super special sauce to beat this one!
Mate, it’s mean to go to Yanyin’s home thread to promote something else :dt880smile:

That being said, looking forward for your review of that IEM.

Jun 16, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #2,284 of 2,418
Mate, it’s mean to go to Yanyin’s home thread to promote something else :dt880smile:

That being said, looking forward for your review of that IEM.
I love my Canon OG was just saying LOL

I also love not having tuning switches too!

Jun 22, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #2,285 of 2,418
I ordered Canon 2. We are waiting.
I got my set from Linsoul a little bit ago. Anyone one else receive theirs?

I'm trying to figure out how to determine if this version doesn't have the driver flex problem people report on the OG. I was trying to figure it out with someone asking on the linsoul discord server but how would anyone on here describe the driver flex or suction phenomenon?

Jun 22, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #2,286 of 2,418

I'm trying to figure out how to determine if this version doesn't have the driver flex problem people report on the OG. I was trying to figure it out with someone asking on the linsoul discord server but how would anyone on here describe the driver flex or suction phenomenon?
Quite simply, when you stick the tip insert into your ear canal, you can hear a squelch of pressure inside the headphone; this is a release of air via the suction that causes this phenomenon.

That being said, I switched to foam tips and it disappeared; foam tips also increase bass, add clarity to treble, and increase sound isolation.

https://www.complyfoam.com/products/500-series-ear-tips

Jun 23, 2023 at 12:29 AM Post #2,287 of 2,418

Hi, it was me asking u about the diver flex issue 🤣🤣

As i mentioned, what i experienced on the OG Canon was if i was to push the iem hard into my ear, i will have a suction effect, a vaccum effect, whereby bass is lost, and i have shift it to let air into my ear

Or u can hear a cracking sound once u insert it, but this is fairly common, and alot of modern iem with suspension tech with release the air pressure very fast

AGain i have experiment a few methods and and i am testing 1 method. Seems to work well so far: i used a broad flang tip, but shorter stem length, dont push it in all the way, just gently let it stick to my ear, dont push it all the way in. Shorter stem so the nozzle is close to my ear, i wont lose the bass.

It should be fine for u as long the music reaching your ear dont sound funny or off. I also ordered 1, expected to reach me around 7th July.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #2,288 of 2,418

Also congrats on getting a Yanyin. I think Yanyin is really under rated. Most of the time i search reddit for iems info, and i dont see anyone mentioning Yanyin at all, so i wasmt aware of this brand.

I started out with cheaper iem like FD3, FH5s, Timless, Timeless AE, Hexa, JH3, QKZ HBB Khan, Wan'erSG, OH10.....but they all lacking something, doesnt draw me deep into my music enjoyment. I am not an audiophile, but i do have amplifiers and speakers at home, and those iems just doesnt sound like my speakers combo.

So i was thinking perhaps i should raise my budget to get a more expensive model to try. My search from my local seller saw a Yanyin Canon. I was surprised only 3 reviews available! But i wasnt discouraged, i work in retail, so i guess it might be Yanyin doesnt sponsor any free sets for reviewers to test. But i found this forum, and i went ahead with Canon.

So Canon has been my favourite, the sound is just.....juicy. i cant stop listening to it. And i have a bad habit, i wont and refuse to EQ my music 🤣🤣

So the driver flex issue been bugging me, bought P5 and most recently 10thAE, but i still love my Canon, And managed to sell off P5 and 10th

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #2,289 of 2,418
So Canon has been my favourite, the sound is just.....juicy. i cant stop listening to it. And i have a bad habit, i wont and refuse to EQ my music 🤣🤣

So the driver flex issue been bugging me, bought P5 and most recently 10thAE, but i still love my Canon, And managed to sell off P5 and 10th
You won't believe it, but I have Yanyan Canon and Fiio FH7 (very old, but the coolest hybrids) without any problems get along in the same company with QDC Anole VX (another very cool headphones that have already become classics). It's not about the price, but how the headphones themselves are configured. It's just that for some reason the price of headphones is considered to be the definition of "some other league" that makes them special. But I didn't listen to how many headphones from "other leagues", mostly they were very mediocre headphones in terms of tuning quality, most often without the presence of high frequencies in principle (my hearing is fine). And for what they ask for such money, I will never understand.
I ordered Canon 2 without any doubts, as this is already a proven option, and Moonlight sold.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #2,290 of 2,418
I've really enjoyed the Canon 2 so far. Everything has a really fun and presentation. The treble is present without being fatiguing.

I still can't seem to create any of the feeling of the driver flex as far as I can tell. I do get describing the sound as "juicy" there's an interesting feeling to the bass that I don't get from any other set. And I have the big dual DD sets. It's really on the tuning of the Canon 2, I think, the way the mids give way to mid-bass and bass is just really pleasing. The vocals don't feel overly weighted but you can feel the plucking of the bass guitar in your soul when it hits just right.

Jun 24, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #2,291 of 2,418
I've really enjoyed the Canon 2 so far. Everything has a really fun and presentation. The treble is present without being fatiguing.

I still can't seem to create any of the feeling of the driver flex as far as I can tell. I do get describing the sound as "juicy" there's an interesting feeling to the bass that I don't get from any other set. And I have the big dual DD sets. It's really on the tuning of the Canon 2, I think, the way the mids give way to mid-bass and bass is just really pleasing. The vocals don't feel overly weighted but you can feel the plucking of the bass guitar in your soul when it hits just right.
Means the Canon 2 doesnt have any driver flex issue due to their new dual chamber suspension tech, nice! 😄😁

Jun 24, 2023 at 1:11 AM Post #2,292 of 2,418
You won't believe it, but I have Yanyan Canon and Fiio FH7 (very old, but the coolest hybrids) without any problems get along in the same company with QDC Anole VX (another very cool headphones that have already become classics). It's not about the price, but how the headphones themselves are configured. It's just that for some reason the price of headphones is considered to be the definition of "some other league" that makes them special. But I didn't listen to how many headphones from "other leagues", mostly they were very mediocre headphones in terms of tuning quality, most often without the presence of high frequencies in principle (my hearing is fine). And for what they ask for such money, I will never understand.
I ordered Canon 2 without any doubts, as this is already a proven option, and Moonlight sold.
Yes, agreed. This is the part where it is bugging me, it is not just IEM, in the passive speakers market it is the same thing. Modern design the enginneers like to suppress the treble, 🤷‍♂️

I was on a seach for a speaker to match my Rotel amp cuz my old 20 years old speaker broke, but i bought a few speakers, all had suppress treble, or "sluggish". Wasted alot of money buying, trying and selling, until i hit a B&W 606, which has sparkling and nice treble. All others Mission, Whardale, Q acoustic.....etc has suppress treble. I think all these are so called safe tuning, so that general consumer will be ok with it

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #2,293 of 2,418
I get describing the sound as "juicy" there's an interesting feeling to the bass that I don't get from any other set. And I have the big dual DD sets. It's really on the tuning of the Canon 2, I think, the way the mids give way to mid-bass and bass is just really pleasing. The vocals don't feel overly weighted but you can feel the plucking of the bass guitar in your soul when it hits just right.
I feel the same way about my OG Canon (I love that they made a new version so I can call it an OGC 🤣).

The bass dynamics are fleshy in the best way possible; it is a responsiveness that feels akin to standing in clear proximity of a guitar/bass amplifier — I can quite literally feel the "push" of the 100 to 300hz thru the mix which is paramount to a "live ambience" of headroom etc.

Oh and FWIW, I picked up a set of Fiio UTWS5 wireless attachments and the clarity/volume BLEW me away.

I have been converted to wireless during these warmer months, and per the price, they are worth EVERY penny.

Jun 24, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #2,294 of 2,418
I'm considering picking up either a Aladdin or Moonlight. Looking for a relaxing, non fatigue, warm/relaxed sound. I have a Canon for all the bass I need so looking for a good complimentary iem. Which is more chill?

Jun 24, 2023 at 11:10 PM Post #2,295 of 2,418
Moonllights on sale is a crazy deal. Highly recommended especially if you're into your vocals. Its a well balanced relaxed sound. No treble harshness, quality bass, bass boost on the moonlight works well. Cables definitely have an effect . Its one of the better tribrids I have ever owned that's for certain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back