Yanyin Discussion thread
Jun 7, 2023 at 1:38 AM Post #2,267 of 2,418
Be interested to hear your take on the difference between the two when you get the penon 10th
Hi, got my 10th and been burning for past few hours.

1st impression when i listen to it....its like, did i just bought a subwoofer? The bass is overwhelming for me....so i tip rolled and cable rolled, settled down to a silver cable.

I am not an audiophile, so i cant exactly describe the difference, i will try my best after 10hrs of burn in. It does helped to settle down the 2x DD.

I dont think 10th is a upgrade, becuz Canon has the 3 switches. Bass i feel after the 10hrs run in, is more robust than Canon 000. Mid more soothing. Treble is where the main difference to my ear. I feel Canon has the sparkle at maybe the 4khz to 8khz, where 10th is tamer at this band but has a higher extension, maybe slower roll off, due to thr EST drivers. So overall i think Canon is brighter, 10th is more on warm side. There is no lack of detail on the 10th, tho warm but the highs come thru nicely. Unlike P5, some tracks with soft treble i have to concentrate to hear it.

Honestly i enjoy Canon sound at 000, but i cant really have serious listening becuz of my left ear driver flex suction problem. Around 15-20mins of listening i have adjust my left ear to draw out the excess suction, and due to the suction, i cant push the Canon all the way in my ear.

So my take is, i also enjoy thr Canon very much if not for my left ear suction issue. 10th is different but i like it too

Jun 7, 2023 at 3:26 AM Post #2,268 of 2,418
Hi, got my 10th and been burning for past few hours.

1st impression when i listen to it....its like, did i just bought a subwoofer? The bass is overwhelming for me....so i tip rolled and cable rolled, settled down to a silver cable.

I am not an audiophile, so i cant exactly describe the difference, i will try my best after 10hrs of burn in. It does helped to settle down the 2x DD.

I dont think 10th is a upgrade, becuz Canon has the 3 switches. Bass i feel after the 10hrs run in, is more robust than Canon 000. Mid more soothing. Treble is where the main difference to my ear. I feel Canon has the sparkle at maybe the 4khz to 8khz, where 10th is tamer at this band but has a higher extension, maybe slower roll off, due to thr EST drivers. So overall i think Canon is brighter, 10th is more on warm side. There is no lack of detail on the 10th, tho warm but the highs come thru nicely. Unlike P5, some tracks with soft treble i have to concentrate to hear it.

Honestly i enjoy Canon sound at 000, but i cant really have serious listening becuz of my left ear driver flex suction problem. Around 15-20mins of listening i have adjust my left ear to draw out the excess suction, and due to the suction, i cant push the Canon all the way in my ear.

So my take is, i also enjoy thr Canon very much if not for my left ear suction issue. 10th is different but i like it too
Thank you so much, if you didn’t have the suction problem with the canon, would you prefer them in general?

Jun 7, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #2,269 of 2,418
Thank you so much, if you didn’t have the suction problem with the canon, would you prefer them in general?
Hmm, tough question, haha

Lets just say depends on mood, 10th is relaxed sound, actually i feel like it is V rather than W as said by 2 reviewer.
Canon is also enjoyable, to me. Feels more punchy due to Canon treble side is on mid treble. On Canon i realised i can have a so-called extended high if i use it with my FD3 bass tip. Canon sound is what i feel as more lively

For now, i say i prefer Canon for the sound, staging for the 10th. I have a mid 80's pop album where it is mostly electric guitars and bass guitars, on 10th the electric guitars sounds more spacious, better seperation, not cramped together on the 10th

But i may need to burn in my brain to fully appreciate 10th 🤣🤣

It could also be due to my both my DAP being abit on the warm sounding. Shanling M6v21 and Fiio M11+ ess.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #2,274 of 2,418
No matter how many reviews I read, Penon adjusts the headphones everywhere so that they sound sluggish in the high frequency range.. Thanks to all the brave people who buy headphones from this brand, thereby saving my money.
No problem, glad i can help some to save $$$ to try 😁 tho i am not an expert, but to my ears, Yanyin Canon has a place and i still like it.

So i am waiting for new Canon II, hoping for it to release and if it has the same sound but no driver flex, i will buy it again

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #2,277 of 2,418
I like new Canons color scheme better and I'm glad that the included cable has better matched connectors. Unfortunately, the included accessories are kinda barebones, which is disappointing at this price. Let's hope the sound will be good enough and maybe the original Canon will be discounted.

Jun 14, 2023 at 11:30 PM Post #2,278 of 2,418
Actually the OG Canon is on discount now. Usd$296.65 @ Linsoul

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230615_123031_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230615_123031_Chrome.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 0
Jun 15, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #2,280 of 2,418
I'm so used to seeing the hype machine on cheaper IEMs churn out 5 videos in short order. Pretty barebones opinions out there at the moment. It might be nice to form my own opinion for once, tho. I keep refreshing my youtube search, might as well post links to impressions in here, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back