Yanyin Discussion thread
Jun 24, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #1,501 of 2,418
photo_2022-06-24_10-22-48.jpg

Experimenting with synergies.

I think the Moonlight is going to steal the cable from the Volt (ISN Solar). Sounds great. The Azla Crystals stay too. @Dsnuts , have you been able to experiment with pure silver wires on the Moonlight? I'm thinking of the ISN AG8, which I've had my sights on for a long time. Maybe the Tri Wolfram, but I think that by configuration it can be more like the Penon Mix.

Jun 24, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #1,503 of 2,418
Hi Guys,

i just recently joined the Yanyin family based on the glowing recommendations from this thread,. Unfortunately the Canon's right IEM came with connection issues straight out of the box. I've tested different cables but the problem remains. Seems QC is not the best.

When it works properly the Canon's are a beast, but I'm not pleased with now having to spend my own money to go through the returns process.

Guess I'm going back to the Arias for months until I get a new set.

This was my first shot at "expensive" IEM's and it's a dud.
Never had this sort of problems with KZ, CCA or Moondrop.

Best of luck to you guys, but i'll admit this left a sour taste for lesser known brands!

Jun 24, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #1,505 of 2,418
Hi Guys,

i just recently joined the Yanyin family based on the glowing recommendations from this thread,. Unfortunately the Canon's right IEM came with connection issues straight out of the box. I've tested different cables but the problem remains. Seems QC is not the best.

When it works properly the Canon's are a beast, but I'm not pleased with now having to spend my own money to go through the returns process.

Guess I'm going back to the Arias for months until I get a new set.

This was my first shot at "expensive" IEM's and it's a dud.
Never had this sort of problems with KZ, CCA or Moondrop.

Best of luck to you guys, but i'll admit this left a sour taste for lesser known brands!
Oh no, sorry to hear this. Where did you buy it from? If from Penon, they will refund you the return shipping cost. If they didn't state this, you should ask for it.

Jun 24, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #1,506 of 2,418
I understand it's a possibility, since I've worked with manufacturing companies before. Defects are part of the game, but they should not leave the factory.
This is not something that happened months after purchase. The first time i plugged them the defect was apparent. The right IEM didn't provide any sound. It's also unlikely to be a distribution incident, since it's a port issue, that sits inside the IEM.

To deliver something not working right out of the box and then burdening your customer with the return is not the way to build a customer base.

I bought from Hifigo.

Jun 25, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #1,507 of 2,418
You might try Penon next time. I have bought a lot of cables and IEMs from them over the years. They also have fast shipping by DHL

Jun 26, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #1,508 of 2,418
Jun 26, 2022 at 12:09 PM Post #1,509 of 2,418
Anyone else get a defective 4.4 cable. Mine was only one channel. Replaced it with a #10 PWA. Better sound. More musical.

Jun 29, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #1,512 of 2,418
I find Moonlight especially wonderful in live acoustic music. With Cloud Cult acoustic, I almost cried. The RU6 finishes giving it that realism and analog quality for this type of music.

photo_5900100526064909081_y.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back