Yanyin Discussion thread
Jun 21, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #1,486 of 2,418
But in your experience compared to your Tansio Mirai pairs does Moonlight have enough bite to electric guitars, enough energy to cymbals and synthesizers? I guess you got your Tansio Mirai pairs for that energetic signature, so I wonder if Moonlight covers that area for you. I prefer more energetic sets so I am trying to figure out where does Moonlight stand, does it satisfy someone who likes some energetic stuff. Ordered myself Tansio Mirai Sands to try out.
I would say yes for sure but it’s not as in your face. It actually sounds more detailed because it’s a better tuned treble response. I mean smooth in a sense of very well tuned. Land’s for example can make you cringe at times at louder volume with cymbals but not moonlight.

Jun 21, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #1,489 of 2,418
You got anything with a silver plating? SPC type cables silver plated copper cables will do well.

I noticed new fresh moonlights have tight 2 pin shrouds. When you connect your cable into the moonlights 2 pin holes make sure you are not just shoving the 2 pins in there. Just wiggle it a bit and it should slowly slide into place.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #1,492 of 2,418
Any particular brand of cord
You got anything with a silver plating? SPC type cables silver plated copper cables will do well.

I noticed new fresh moonlights have tight 2 pin shrouds. When you connect your cable into the moonlights 2 pin holes make sure you are not just shoving the 2 pins in there. Just wiggle it a bit and it should slowly slide into place.
Any particular brand

Jun 22, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #1,499 of 2,418
I’d wager this is a concern for many of us. Well tuned bass is elusive. It seems to be a bit harder to get right than the mids and treble.
I find the Moonlight to have perfect bass tuning (not into EDM or rap though). The Aladdin achieved versatility due to a sub-bass bias but at the cost of a relatively dry mid-bass presentation. The Moonlight on the other hand balances sub- and mid-bass extremely well but remains just as versatile in tonality as the Aladdin due to its refinement and restraint. I find it a much more mature and pleasing fulfillment of the tuning prowess they first showed in the Aladdin.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #1,500 of 2,418
photo_2022-06-23_13-15-06.jpg

The moonlights arrived yesterday. The first impressions are very positive, corroborating everything that @KutuzovGambit and @Dsnuts , among others, have said about them. The tuning is exceptional. Without doing a serious burnin yet, there is nothing to correct in the songs I have heard. The treble is clear and precise. I don't consider myself a basshead, but I do enjoy good bass, and I don't think I need to raise it even 1db. At first, with no burning, and with the stock cable, I detected less texture on the drums than with the Penon Serial or Volt, which I love. It will have about 8 hours of burning, and fitting the cable for the Penon Mix, I no longer have that impression.

It came with the 3.5mm SE cable, despite having ordered it in 4.4. After @Dsnuts 's comments about the output impedance of the source, I was considering ordering it in SE, but have several sources with low output impedance (0.5 - 1 ohms) in balanced, and in the end I opted for the 4.4 for rotating it with other IEMs. I will be trying other cables from my collection on the Moonlights in the next few days.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back