Yanyin Discussion thread
Sep 4, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #496 of 2,418
Better is a very subjective and just my opinion but I would say it's more in line with my preference and music library.

The MEST MK2 took too much from the midrange in its tuning, it was almost too neutral for the folk/acoustic/instrumental that I listen to. The second issue was something I've loosely referred to as coherency (probably incorrectly) but was more related to the technical/intangibles that presented this neutral-V sig on a very large stage, for the sake of the wow-factor. This was great for electronic/ambient but didn't give body or heart to vocal/acoustic/string performances. Third issue was true 'incoherency' owed to the tribrid design that I felt I could hear, it was subtle but I convinced myself I could hear it and then couldn't unhear it.

The Aladdin is not going to out perform the MEST by any means but it's tuning and presentation works better for my library. There are still coherency issues but they don't bother me.

Hope this helps!
Man.. I really dig the way you re trying to describe so precisely and thoroughly how you see, or more correctly how you hear and feel an iem. I think this particular description helps a lot of us here....
And of course for any individual here, its always a matter of personal preference and music orientation.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:49 AM Post #497 of 2,418
Better is a very subjective and just my opinion but I would say it's more in line with my preference and music library.

The MEST MK2 took too much from the midrange in its tuning, it was almost too neutral for the folk/acoustic/instrumental that I listen to. The second issue was something I've loosely referred to as coherency (probably incorrectly) but was more related to the technical/intangibles that presented this neutral-V sig on a very large stage, for the sake of the wow-factor. This was great for electronic/ambient but didn't give body or heart to vocal/acoustic/string performances. Third issue was true 'incoherency' owed to the quadbrid design that I felt I could hear. It was subtle but I convinced myself I could hear it and then couldn't unhear it.

The Aladdin is not going to out perform the MEST by any means but it's tuning and presentation works better for my library. There are still coherency issues but they don't bother me.

Hope this helps!
It does, thanks

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #498 of 2,418
I took a punt on the Yanyin Canon which arrived at the middle of last week and so far I've been blown away by what I'm hearing. My only comparison to date is the Dunu 3001 pro, a reasonably well regarded mid range IEM. While being a great introduction to IEMs I reached the conclusion that these are uninvolving to listen to.

By contrast the Canons have been quite a revelation to me in terms of what IEMs are capable of. Obviously I have no idea how they compare to the Alladins but from descriptions on here they seem to share a similar sound signature and are just incredibly enjoyable to listen to, and technically superior to the Dunus in every way.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has picked up a pair to compare notes.

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #499 of 2,418
I took a punt on the Yanyin Canon which arrived at the middle of last week and so far I've been blown away by what I'm hearing. My only comparison to date is the Dunu 3001 pro, a reasonably well regarded mid range IEM. While being a great introduction to IEMs I reached the conclusion that these are uninvolving to listen to.

By contrast the Canons have been quite a revelation to me in terms of what IEMs are capable of. Obviously I have no idea how they compare to the Alladins but from descriptions on here they seem to share a similar sound signature and are just incredibly enjoyable to listen to, and technically superior to the Dunus in every way.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else has picked up a pair to compare notes.
Much more V-shaped graph at least with most switch config.

9FE742CC-B5C7-4162-AF3C-0F462B2B24F5.jpeg

Sep 5, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #502 of 2,418
Anyone looking for identical cable to Aladdin I’m pretty sure XinHS is the OEM: https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0MQPh5

Interestingly it’s advertised as Litz.
I was cable shopping at XINHS store, and I came across the same and that same thought struck my mind too!

Bought more than 180 USD worth of cable from them 🥲 I hope the investment turned out worthwhile...

Sep 5, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #503 of 2,418
Anyone looking for identical cable to Aladdin I’m pretty sure XinHS is the OEM: https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0MQPh5

Interestingly it’s advertised as Litz.
I went on a cable shopping too but wanted something funky to try , so I picked up " The black gold cable" - my naming 🤣 - it's graphene plated copper and gold plated copper hybrid 🤣
Let's see what I cooked up
Thankfully @Ace Bee brought me down with him 🤣

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #505 of 2,418
I was cable shopping at XINHS store, and I came across the same and that same thought struck my mind too!

Bought more than 180 USD worth of cable from them 🥲 I hope the investment turned out worthwhile...
XINHS makes excellent quality cables imo. They even ship them with carrying cases sturdier than what most IEMs come with.

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #506 of 2,418
My Aladdin review is now up: Yanyin Aladdin

From yours and others' reviews, I think a comparison to the ThieAudio L5 and the Msngird Tea are needed to really see how the Aladdin rates. I don not see any head-to-head comparisons. I own the L5 and that alone has had me hard-stop purchasing the Aladdin. Add in the Globe and... Until the Aladdin is compared to the Tea and L5 and FH5s head-to-head, I am an unbeliever. Sorry for that.

Let's see if Yanyin "steps up to the plate" for the real challenge.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #507 of 2,418
From yours and others' reviews, I think a comparison to the ThieAudio L5 and the Msngird Tea are needed to really see how the Aladdin rates. I don not see any head-to-head comparisons. I own the L5 and that alone has had me hard-stop purchasing the Aladdin. Add in the Globe and... Until the Aladdin is compared to the Tea and L5 and FH5s head-to-head, I am an unbeliever. Sorry for that.

Let's see if Yanyin "steps up to the plate" for the real challenge.
Hearing the Aladdin got me almost to the point of purchasing the Teas. They graph very similarly, and the Teas were always something I was this close to pulling the trigger on. But by the same token they'd likely be pretty redundant, so...

Sep 5, 2021 at 7:15 PM Post #508 of 2,418
I have both and was thinking of ordering two exact same cables to compare them. Right now I have an ISN S8 on the Alladin and an ISN H16 on the Tea both terminated with the balanced 4.4mm. I have been using the FiiO M11 Plus as the source.

It is really close but I do slightly prefer the Tea at this point.

XINHS has a significant sale starting about 1am CST on 9/6.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #509 of 2,418
I have both and was thinking of ordering two exact same cables to compare them. Right now I have an ISN S8 on the Alladin and an ISN H16 on the Tea both terminated with the balanced 4.4mm. I have been using the FiiO M11 Plus as the source.

It is really close but I do slightly prefer the Tea at this point.

XINHS has a significant sale starting about 1am CST on 9/6.
What is better on Tea than Aladdin?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back