Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 31, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #467 of 2,418
I am really appreciating how note weight from top to bottom is exactly right on the Aladdin…

They really have got the balance right haven't they. Not sluggish, not flighty, a very natural presence.

Aug 31, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #469 of 2,418
Well, they perform well in every genre that I listen to. I can't speak to its performance on metal or rap.

Thank you!!

Yes, actually the low end is extremely detailed and well-textured. As for the rest, this is just my initial impression and I intend to do a lot more critical listening.
This rework it is a quite interesting test track as far as low / lowest frequencies goes.
Sub bass synth notes dominates here... So it would be nice to now if that sounds right on the Aladdins .
@ian91 and @KutuzovGambit it would be highly appreciated if you could report back after listening to this rework...
Thanks...

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #470 of 2,418
This rework it is a quite interesting test track as far as low / lowest frequencies goes.
Sub bass synth notes dominates here... So it would nice to now it sounds on Aladdin.
@ian91 and @KutuzovGambit it would be highly appreciated if you could report back after listening to this rework...
Thanks...
Sub bass is quite present on the Aladdin. Texture is excellent. It’s not gonna knock you off balance like the H40 might but I didn’t find it lacking in quantity or quality.

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #471 of 2,418
20210901_030446.jpg

In one word: Astounded!!!

I cannot find almost any flaw in it.... I'm just entranced, and been listening to music with it for 2 hours now, couldn't stop. Tried all my sources, it sings from everything!

My heartiest thanks, @Dsnuts for pushing me to get it. One of the best decisions ever! This is one winner iem for sure!

Oh and @ian91 surprisingly this does not have any kind of less bass from a stock 3DT...if anything, its bass has more body, thickness, and presence than 3DT, with which I am extremely pleased and content.

Currently I am just lost in this track. The album is brilliant!

Aug 31, 2021 at 5:47 PM Post #472 of 2,418
Oh and @ian91 surprisingly this does not have any kind of less bass from a stock 3DT...if anything, its bass has more body, thickness, and presence than 3DT, with which I am extremely pleased and content.

I'm glad you're pleased. The bass has good presence because the midrange is more reserved than the 3DT. Also the 3DT bass scales with power. I would stand by what I said in terms of quantity being greater on the 3DT, but quality is much better on the Aladdin. Texture and weight is hard to fault.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #473 of 2,418
The more I listen, the more blown away I am by the staging, imaging, layering, and separation. On top of absolutely stellar tonality. If only the attack wasn’t fairly soft in addition to the inevitable BA timbre, these would be absolutely perfect for me.

Someone want to send word to Yanyin to craft a highly resolving single DD with this exact tuning so I can walk away from the game forever?

Aug 31, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #474 of 2,418
The cable that comes with the Alladin looks to be a 2 wire cable. How could they terminate it with balanced terminations?
I switched out the cable that came that was terminated with a 4.4 mm balanced for an ISN 4.4 mm balanced S8 Single Crystal Copper silver plated and quite the change to the overall signature of the Alladin.

Short answer is you don't what a 2 wire cable terminated in balanced. That is probably why there is no option on Penon Audio's Alladin pages for it. I would have thought they would have said you can not do that.

Sep 1, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #475 of 2,418
I'm glad you're pleased. The bass has good presence because the midrange is more reserved than the 3DT. Also the 3DT bass scales with power. I would stand by what I said in terms of quantity being greater on the 3DT, but quality is much better on the Aladdin. Texture and weight is hard to fault.
Do note that I mentioned stock, i.e. unmodded. Modded 3DT will have a more voluminous and refined bass, which strikes a very good balance between impact and note weight - it's got good slam and the right amount of body. However, Aladdin bass slams are good but the body is a bit thick - mostly noticed during kickdrums.

However, unmodded 3DT does not have the same bass - the midbass impact and overall presence lags a bit behind Aladdin.

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #476 of 2,418
Someone want to send word to Yanyin to craft a highly resolving single DD

I could go for this too. Maybe a dual DD with a BA ultrahigh? I think there are real limitations to a single DD config if you're looking for more of what Aladdin does!

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #477 of 2,418
Do note that I mentioned stock, i.e. unmodded. Modded 3DT will have a more voluminous and refined bass, which strikes a very good balance between impact and note weight - it's got good slam and the right amount of body. However, Aladdin bass slams are good but the body is a bit thick - mostly noticed during kickdrums.

However, unmodded 3DT does not have the same bass - the midbass impact and overall presence lags a bit behind Aladdin.
So when am I in line to get it to try 😜 🤣🤣🤣

Sep 1, 2021 at 5:41 AM Post #478 of 2,418
So when am I in line to get it to try 😜 🤣🤣🤣
Wait a bit bhai, it replaced my 3DT for daily listening :beyersmile: let the others come back, then I will send one by one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back