Yanyin Discussion thread
Aug 18, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #361 of 2,418
The Alladin sounds like it is right up my alley as a complement to the Globe. That said, I have the Thie Audio Legacy 5 that seems to have significant overlap with the Alladin but has a more relaxed presentation. Where the Globe, to my ears, is luxurious the L5 is slightly leaner. I prefere female vocals with the L5 but I have not heard an earphone that does male vocals better than the Globe. I do not have a better set than the L5 for JPop and female vocals in general. the L5 tames the nasal peakiness with some vocalists while sounding like floating on air.

My crying wallet has been telling me to stay away but I had to visit...

I am a huge fan of the Globe. I don't see or hear that it makes compromises. Nothing I have can make a digital track sound so "vinyl". People might not like that type of coloration. Using the green/grey stock tips, to my ears, the bass is a bit overbearing. BUT, if you put ePro Horns (regular or inverted) on the Globe, the Globe leaps into the ethers.

I think @ian91 sums it up well:

The Alladin sounds like it is right up my alley as a complement to the Globe. That said, I have the Thie Audio Legacy 5 that seems to have significant overlap with the Alladin but has a more relaxed presentation. Where the Globe, to my ears, is luxurious the L5 is slightly leaner. I prefere female vocals with the L5 but I have not heard an earphone that does male vocals better than the Globe. I do not have a better set than the L5 for JPop and female vocals in general. the L5 tames the nasal peakiness with some vocalists while sounding like floating on air.

For classic rock, classical, electronic, woodwinds/violin, and for guttural bass tunes the Globe rules. Like this tune:

It would be nice if @MRSallee could get his hands on an Alladin. He seems to be a fan of the L5 also. I think he could give some great insight and perspective. We have it so good with audio nowadays.

I have to stay away from the forum. I will spend too much money on great equipment. I need to save money for my music creation/production hobby at this time. I. Must. Stay. Away. or I will be lead into temptation. :wink:

Getting the Aladdin will defo give you a better bass end. L5 bass is limp and blunted - no match compared to Aladdin.

Aug 18, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #362 of 2,418
Will see. I do notice your sources will matter on how these sound. I noticed on my laptop which probably has something like 5 ohm or more out. The bass is very neutral and sound becomes thin and bright in presentation. On my players I always play IEMs on the lowest gain and for the Aladdin not really need to go balanced as that doubles the output. Sounds the best to my ears.

10 ohm sensitivity will make these sound lean bright and with lean bass if you got the wrong source. A dedicated player with a very low OI is highly recommended to get the best out of the Aladdin.
which kind of cable do you think will give the Aladdin a stronger bass end?

Aug 18, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #363 of 2,418
Got my Aladdin set in this afternoon from Penon (big shout out for their reliably quick shipping from China). Initially out of the box I think it sounds a tad recessed in vocals / midrange compared to the EST 112. Not as airy and spacious as the Dunu either. Not fair though as it's literally fresh OOTB, but will of course tip roll to get the best out of it. I put on a Fiio LC-RE cable which is nice with the Aladdin. Bass definitely has nice reach, more sub-bass focused. So far seems to be good value for the cost.

Will post more impressions as the set burns in some.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #364 of 2,418
which kind of cable do you think will give the Aladdin a stronger bass end?
Will definitely have to do copper cables. Will report back later when I can. I like SPC as it enhances technical, stage element to the sound as well as the dynamic aspects but if your focusing more for the bass end. Copper is best for that.

Something like a gold plated copper cable will be good there as well but gold changes the tonality some. Let me do some cable rolling.

Aug 18, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #365 of 2,418
Will definitely have to do copper cables. Will report back later when I can. I like SPC as it enhances technical, stage element to the sound as well as the dynamic aspects but if your focusing more for the bass end. Copper is best for that.

Something like a gold plated copper cable will be good there as well but gold changes the tonality some. Let me do some cable rolling.
Would be great to know. Thanks mate.

I've been on a warm set for years, probably too far gone now to switch to something neutral/bass light. I'm also a low volume listener, so need that beefy bass.

On a side note, in an older comment you mentioned that a low OI would give the Aladdin more bass. But would that mean a copper cable (which tend to have higher impedance than silver) will make the sound brighter?

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #366 of 2,418
Na it wont be like that. Copper gives good conduction almost as good as silver so I wouldnt worry about that. Bass is not beefy on the Aladdin but you get accurate tight bass which is got its benefits. I will report back I have a fairly cheaper copper cable I have in mind that might work out well for it. Will see. I havent done too much cable rolling on the Aladdin as I have been busy with reviews. Not enough time during the day.

Aug 18, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #367 of 2,418
Got the Aladdin in my ears. These sound neutral-ish. Bass is very nice, mostly sub and is pretty tight. Airy treble and these do vocals well. I think these sound much above the price paid. Nothing sounds offensive and I’m immediately hooked. Tried a copper cable, then a spc. Sticking with spc since it adds a bit of sparkle. Included cable is excellent also.

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:08 PM Post #370 of 2,418
Getting a few hours on the Aladdin, and for now I'm using old style UE single flange silicone tips (as found waaayyy back on the Triple.Fi 10). The combination of some hours and better tips have things sounding really good. I just did a quick A/B against the NS Audio NS5 MkII, and is a market improvement already over the NS5 (I expected them to be dead equal). For reference I prefer the NS5 over Tanchjim Oxygen, so that's a pretty good result! Still not quite finding it at the level of the EST 112, but that's an IEM double the price. If one takes the time to really find the best tips for their ears, the low end is most assuredly not lacking at all.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #371 of 2,418
Getting a few hours on the Aladdin, and for now I'm using old style UE single flange silicone tips (as found waaayyy back on the Triple.Fi 10). The combination of some hours and better tips have things sounding really good. I just did a quick A/B against the NS Audio NS5 MkII, and is a market improvement already over the NS5 (I expected them to be dead equal). For reference I prefer the NS5 over Tanchjim Oxygen, so that's a pretty good result! Still not quite finding it at the level of the EST 112, but that's an IEM double the price. If one takes the time to really find the best tips for their ears, the low end is most assuredly not lacking at all.
That gives me hope...I have no shortage of tips, a good variety available for rolling. What type of tips giving you best result - Long Wide bore / Long Medium bore / Long Narrow bore / Short Wide bore / Short Medium bore / Short Narrow bore?

Aug 19, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #373 of 2,418
I seem to usually have the best luck with short/medium length with a wide bore.

Aladdin.jpg

Aug 19, 2021 at 12:18 AM Post #374 of 2,418
Aug 19, 2021 at 12:19 AM Post #375 of 2,418
I seem to usually have the best luck with short/medium length with a wide bore.

Aladdin.jpg
Good, let's see how the BGVP W01 pairs then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back