Yanyin Discussion thread
Jul 31, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #76 of 2,418
Friend of mine once lend me his IER-Z1R. They're very engaging. The bass and treble are good, but the mid is not to my liking since I love vocal. Fitting is also an issue.
If you like mids and smooth treble the ve8 is a good option but not too much wide and not much air but it's was so surreal to listen to wow !!!
U12t is a good option too for mids
Edit : both are beyond my price range and have heard the ve8 not the u12t yet

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #77 of 2,418
Different flavors but man these are soo refined for their price it is crazy. They sound almost as good as my IT07s which is nuts.
Anything common with H40?? Let's say stage / imaging????

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #78 of 2,418
If you like mids and smooth treble the ve8 is a good option but not too much wide and not much air but it's was so surreal to listen to wow !!!
U12t is a good option too for mids
Edit : both are beyond my price range and have heard the ve8 not the u12t yet
Thanks for the suggestion, but both VE8 and U12t are full BA. I prefer DD timbre. That's why most of my IEMs are full DD or hybrid ones with DD. Friend of mine is suggesting Softears Turii and Shinchiku Kangen, but have no chance for audition on those and never bought an IEM without audition. I found very few reviews on them as well. SK is beyond my price range, though.

Jul 31, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #79 of 2,418
Thanks for the suggestion, but both VE8 and U12t are full BA. I prefer DD timbre. That's why most of my IEMs are full DD or hybrid ones with DD. Friend of mine is suggesting Softears Turii and Shinchiku Kangen, but have no chance for audition on those and never bought an IEM without audition. I found very few reviews on them as well. SK is beyond my price range, though.
Isabelle is an option too but I haven't tried it yet and reviews are few , dunu zen is also good , mest mk2 is great but a little narrow and lean on notes but great staging and lots of air , yeah but I say audition and research will help you more than I can 😅 , aladin seems like good cheap option too

Jul 31, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #80 of 2,418
First time listen since the 2nd day of burn in. I am on my 4th day and I am certain these are good to go at this point.
Tonality is so very fluid now. What I heard on open listen is now back with aplomb. Sound is just liquid at this point.
So many folks that make hybrids need to learn about coherency from these guys. These sound like it is coming from one driver it is so effortless. Imaging again is a standout.

That slight brightness I heard on the 2nd day of burn in is now gone. Everything just jives on this set. It sounds even more spacious than I initially heard. The sense of atmosphere in the music your listening to is some of the best I have heard anywhere near this price range.

I have heard so many hybrids that don't get this aspect right. Sometimes it isn't just about that black space in between instruments. You hear and sense the venue or the recording studio as a whole, subtle reverberations and nuances to music easily with this set. I said it once and I will say it again. Detail freaks are gonna love how this set throws out sound to your ears. Its dimensional character is unheard of for using just 3 drivers for the mids and treble. It sounds like it has way more BAs in there. No other way to describe it.

I am certain folks that dive into one of these will be happy with how these sound. It does dimensional so well it is hard not to be enamored by what I am hearing. I know these guys make some higher end earphones. I can't imagine what these guys can do with higher end drivers.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #81 of 2,418
I come from Head-Direct/HiFiMAN RE-2 then RE-0 and then Rock It R-50
I fell in love with RE-2 because of its soundstage... (My 1st decent IEM)
RE-0 was good as well.. but I missed the soundstage of RE-2
R-50 was quite disappointing.
Then I got married. :)
Left listening to music on IEM.

After years felt the need to get a new IEM.
Stumbled upon this forum by chance...
Now Ordered. Waiting for delivery. Praying.... my ears open again... and start listening to things I have missed...

Thanks @Dsnuts

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #82 of 2,418
I come from Head-Direct/HiFiMAN RE-2 then RE-0 and then Rock It R-50
I fell in love with RE-2 because of its soundstage... (My 1st decent IEM)
RE-0 was good as well.. but I missed the soundstage of RE-2
R-50 was quite disappointing.
Then I got married. :)
Left listening to music on IEM.

After years felt the need to get a new IEM.
Stumbled upon this forum by chance...
Now Ordered. Waiting for delivery. Praying.... my ears open again... and start listening to things I have missed...

Thanks @Dsnuts
Hope these don't disappoint. Actually I am very confident your gonna get one of the absolute best you can for your money on this one. Very great value on sound for this one.

Aug 1, 2021 at 6:07 PM Post #84 of 2,418
unnamed.png
First out of box impression .

This is a new company that started in 2020. Made up of industry pros that decided to start their own thing. Don't know exactly what the history of the folks that make up this company but I do know one thing. Their very first offering called the Aladdin here is gonna make some waves.

Aladdin is comprised of 3 Knowles BAs and a 9.2mm Biocellulos diaphragm handling the bass. While the configuration is nothing new. What is new is how expertly tuned this product is. Nothing about the package jumps out at me as a premium earphone or anything special, but the sound here is incredibly mature and I can tell has some experts at the helm. For a first time product from a no named manufacturer the sound of this hybrid even out of the box has refinements that is hard to get at the price point.

Tonality is very natural, airy, technically sound, dimensional with a holography that I was not expecting , I can tell they are using two Knowles BAs for the mids here as the imaging in the mids are outstanding, I recognize this design from much higher end offerings something like the TSMR-LAND or even Volts that utilize two BAs firing off in unison to get that mids imaging, the sound is so coherent it has a smoothness borderline silky in tonality.
These remind me a lot of the IBasso IT07.

Balancing is superb and has a very nicely refined articulate detailed treble which can make or break a hybrid tuning.
If you have ever heard biological dynamics. AKA VSonic GR07. This particular bass end sounds organic, agile and hits deep with a top of the line texture for sub bass.

Needless to say I am very impressed. These are going to be selling I believe for less than $250. Keep an eye out for this one. Absolutely superb sounding earphones.
Why going as far back as GR07? As I remember, Mofasest Trio has biocellulose DD. This got my attention enough to break my 8 month silence on head-fi.
Mofasest Trio has phenomenal sub-bass, and even though Moondrop Variations is my new favorite, I don't think I Trio will be de-throned in my rotation. (New IMR don't count since I cannot use them on the go)
So, please compare Alladin to Trio(from memory, if you have to) and to ISN ESD50, which is my 2nd favorite. Thank you!

Aug 2, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #85 of 2,418
Damn .... this forum is definitely THE EVIL!! I don't need new IEMs, I definitely don't need them!

But ...... :face_palm::face_palm::face_palm::face_palm::face_palm:
my favorite right now is BGVP's DM8, I really like the detail of the DM8 but I don't like its bodyless bass, I would like to know how Aladdin is compared to the DM8 (I hope Aladdin is worse so I keep the money in my pocket !!)...

Cheers :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:

Aug 2, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #86 of 2,418
DM8 is missing the sub bass of a biocellulos driver. Even if it had an authoritaitive BA sub bass. No way it can match up with the deep rumble of the Aladdin bass dynamic. DM8 does a lot of things correct but the bass end of them are a bit on the weak side. It is more a bass to compliment the sound vs actually having some authority for bass. I much prefer the Aladdin total and balanced apprach. It has less drivers but does more with them. DM8 has good detail and has a decent dimensional aspect to the sound but that bass is not quite impactful or does it have any real sub bass

Aladdins got all of it from treble to the lowest bass and is balanced ideally with a high technical ability. There has not been a single time I have heard them and thought they were lacking in any particular area and that in and of itself is crazy for the price they are asking for a set.

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #87 of 2,418
I forgot to mention I can tell the DM8 is clearly a BA based IEM due to the distinct digital BA timbre it has for the mids and highs. Its not a bad thing it is just easy to tell.

The tonlaity of the Aladdin is much more natural sounding. Again I have no idea what these guys did to get the sound to be so right on them but they are certainly masters at their craft.

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #88 of 2,418
DM8 is missing the sub bass of a biocellulos driver. Even if it had an authoritaitive BA sub bass. No way it can match up with the deep rumble of the Aladdin bass dynamic. DM8 does a lot of things correct but the bass end of them are a bit on the weak side. It is more a bass to compliment the sound vs actually having some authority for bass. I much prefer the Aladdin total and balanced apprach. It has less drivers but does more with them. DM8 has good detail and has a decent dimensional aspect to the sound but that bass is not quite impactful or does it have any real sub bass

Aladdins got all of it from treble to the lowest bass and is balanced ideally with a high technical ability. There has not been a single time I have heard them and thought they were lacking in any particular area and that in and of itself is crazy for the price they are asking for a set.
I'm not happy with your reply .... 😂😂😂😂😂 unfortunately I have to buy the Aladdins now ....
Thank you so much for your answer. :wink:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back