Yanyin Discussion thread
May 27, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #1,216 of 2,418
They are quite tempting then :sweat_smile:. As I mentioned before I do have a tribrid Shuoer EJ07m (1DD + 2BA + 4EST) but somewhat the bass is not tight enough. I do have Shuoer S12 planar as well and I do like how clean sounding it is like you can hear more details between notes, on EJ07m bass is like subwoofer, I do feel it is not tight enough and hides those details, also Sonion BAs I feel like they have too soft sound signature to me, I more prefer sharper notes. It is still an amazing IEM but I prefer sharper notes with tight bass and good treble extension, I find that safely tuned sets are not my cup of tea, that is why I am cautious, but from what I understand Moonlight ticks all the boxes.
You of all people should look into a set of these. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-sands.25799/reviews#review-28355

Seems like you want your full trebles with a etched highly detailed sound signature with a tight bass end. Tansio Mirai Sands is exactly what your looking for.

Moonlight has a safe tuning. I dont think your treble preferences align with the Moonlight. Even though the Sands are using Sonion BAs for its mids. Believe me it does not have your typical Sonion singnature. There are hints of it but they sound more closer to a higher end Knowles than a Sonion BA.

But so far as the type of signature and sound your describing this is what I would try. It might become your end game. Lol. No joking.

May 27, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #1,217 of 2,418
You of all people should look into a set of these. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-sands.25799/reviews#review-28355

Seems like you want your full trebles with a etched highly detailed sound signature with a tight bass end. Tansio Mirai Sands is exactly what your looking for.

Moonlight has a safe tuning. I dont think your treble preferences align with the Moonlight. Even though the Sands are using Sonion BAs for its mids. Believe me it does not have your typical Sonion singnature. There are hints of it but they sound more closer to a higher end Knowles than a Sonion BA.

But so far as the type of signature and sound your describing this is what I would try. It might become your end game. Lol. No joking.
Great thanks for pointing me, will look into it! Previously I had Fiio FH7 and really enjoyed them. Here is frequency response comparisson betwen EJ07m and FH7.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2022-05-27-20-05-41.png
    Screenshots_2022-05-27-20-05-41.png
    644.7 KB · Views: 0
May 27, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #1,218 of 2,418
This is the graph I got for the Sands but look at the treble area. Tansio mIrais are known for their treble infused signatures. Again might be what your looking for.

1653672692398.png

If you do end up trying out a Yanyin phone. I would try the Canons. Moonlights are more refined but dont know if you want to spend that much just to find out it might not be for you if you know what I mean. From what your describing and how you like your sound. The sands is what you need to look into.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 1:41 PM Post #1,220 of 2,418
10dbs I am certain of it. It looks a bit like an L shaped signature but it is more closer to a W shaped signature. Sands have good balancing but their sound is highly precise and images like you wouldn't believe. For folks that want a full on treble they have a mildly boosted treble shelf from 7-9Khz.

Which provides more treble than most earphones. They are brutally unforgiving of poorly recorded stuff. But once you get the right cable and tips going on they are exactly how you are describing what you like in a sound.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #1,221 of 2,418
Canon on a roll! …..Kudos to Canon!!
I think you mean Yanyin :jecklinsmile:

I could tell they were a higher end Canons but today with an overnight burn in sound has advanced even more so. They sound more higher end than when I heard them last night.
Which of the 8 Canons is Moonlight a "higher end" version of ? Is it 010?
We should be very careful claiming that Moonlight is in general a higher end version of Canon - people who prefer one of seven other Canon tunings may be disappointed with Moonlight.

May 27, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #1,223 of 2,418
10dbs I am certain of it. It looks a bit like an L shaped signature but it is more closer to a W shaped signature. Sands have good balancing but their sound is highly precise and images like you wouldn't believe. For folks that want a full on treble they have a mildly boosted treble shelf from 7-9Khz.

Which provides more treble than most earphones. They are brutally unforgiving of poorly recorded stuff. But once you get the right cable and tips going on they are exactly how you are describing what you like in a sound.
Can you make a short comparison between Canon and Tansio Mirai Sands? It seems that Sands needs a special approach, I like EDM quite a bit even a lot and not always I have the best recordings. I appreciate your help and input into this hobby!

May 27, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #1,224 of 2,418
Can you make a short comparison between Canon and Tansio Mirai Sands? It seems that Sands needs a special approach, I like EDM quite a bit even a lot and not always I have the best recordings. I appreciate your help and input into this hobby!
What I posted on the Tansio Marai thread. When I got the Sands in.

Sands are all about detail, imaging sound separation and has more treble presence over the FD7. FD7 has a slight natural warmth to its tonality the Sands has a slight coolness to its tonality. In a traditional sense the Sands are more closer to the hi fidelity tunings out of Asia the FD7 I feel is more closer to how western enthusiasts feel hi fidelity sounds. FD7 is more organic and again has excellent timbre. The Sands strengths are in its highly detailed presentation that picks off the smallest of micro details better than anything I have heard at its price point.

Yes even over the Canon.
By the way I was finally was able to compare the Sands with the Canons
DSC09698.JPG
Both share similar sound signatures. The bass end of the Sands with the bass switch on they share very similar bass emphasis. I think the bio dynamic on the canon has a just a touch smoother texture for its bass otherwise they share very similar bass presentations. I noticed the bass end while not more emphasized than the Canon, has better separation from the mids and that is probably due to the the Sands having a slight less lower mids presence than the Canons add to that the bass dynamic has its own sound bore to your ears. Bass sounds more rounded and slightly more physical on the Sands due to this aspect.

Where the difference is in the treble aspects of the tunings. I can tell the Sands have a bit more treble presence but it is not just more emphasis but has more articulation in general and is separated better than what presents on the Canons. Mids show just a little bit of brightness on the Sands and that is due to the more present treble end. The Sands are more detailed IEM due to the ample treble end having better extension and sounds more airy for trebles too in the process. Canons sounds like it has more lower mids presence vs the Sands. Their sound stage is very similar in width and both have a dimensional sound presentations.

Very identical in many ways both these IEMS. But I do think the Sand have an edge in technical aspects with a bit wider sound stage over the Canons. Its imaging is better separated especially for upper note registers over the Canon but the Canon has more lower mids presence. I noticed Sands need a good copper based cable like the G4 to smooth out that tonal character and adds better fullness to the sound. The Canon does not. Sands have a slightly more higher end more technical sound vs the Canons. Canons sounds a touch smoother and not as detailed or do they have the precise imaging of the Sands.

Now for something like rock the Canon does just fine but that is where the Sands are not good as some poorly recorded rock music sounds terrible on the Sands. So the Canons are more forgiving of poorly recorded material The Sands are not as forgiving..

This is the reason why I mention cable pairings will be essential to the Sands overall sound presentation. With the right cable the Sands will be much more than you would imagine as the more I am hearing the Sands the more I feel the stock cable does not match up well. But once you get the right match up. .You will know your dealing with something that is very difficult to find at the price point the Sands are being sold at. They become reference like.

May 27, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #1,225 of 2,418
Man I aint gonna lie. The Moonlight I been burning in. Threw them in my ears just now. Hot damn folks!.

Best sounding Yanyin earphone I have heard to date. If you have the means. These are exemplary if a well tuned tribrid. I really can't find much in the way of faults to their sound signature. Everything sounds right on them. Just astounding.

I am 100% certain what I am hearing now is more expanded from what I was hearing last night. And what I was hearing last night was no joke.

Stage has noticeably increased. I wasn't WOWed by the stage last night as I am hearing them today. Treble has opened up as well. Folks that say BAs don't need burn in. That's not my experience. Lol.

May 27, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #1,227 of 2,418
Man I aint gonna lie. The Moonlight I been burning in. Threw them in my ears just now. Hot damn folks!.

Best sounding Yanyin earphone I have heard to date. If you have the means. These are exemplary if a well tuned tribrid. I really can't find much in the way of faults to their sound signature. Everything sounds right on them. Just astounding.

I am 100% certain what I am hearing now is more expanded from what I was hearing last night. And what I was hearing last night was no joke.

Stage has noticeably increased. I wasn't WOWed by the stage last night as I am hearing them today. Treble has opened up as well. Folks that say BAs don't need burn in. That's not my experience. Lol.
Did you try other tips? Spiral Dots tame treble energy, with tips like Final E tips or Spinfits it should have quite a bit more energy to treble.

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #1,228 of 2,418
Ya I had the Final Es on me. They do have greater treble energy using them vs how I heard them from last night with Spiral Dots. Will be getting into them much more so as they run in. I plan on trying out my best cables soon as well and throwing them on the DX300Max.

Thus far two very enthusiastic thumbs up from me. My friend says he is buying one. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back